Rust-Oleum "Chalked" Ultra Matte

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OC_Rocket_Man

Reaction score
I recently painted an Aerotech Warthog with Krylon Camouflage matte paints and was very pleased with the outcome.

Rust-oleum has a "Chalked" Ultra Matte line with a red, blue and a grey. Wondered if anyone had used this line?

I recently painted an Aerotech Warthog with Krylon Camouflage matte paints and was very pleased with the outcome.

Rust-oleum has a "Chalked" Ultra Matte line with a red, blue and a grey. Wondered if anyone had used this line?

I have also used and like the Krylon Camo paints, although I find the finish too dry and susceptible to oils and scuff marks. They also have a matte clear that you can put over it and the finish is much more durable, but not as matte. It ends up being in between matte and a satin finish. BTW Krylon has or had a red and a both a dark and light grey camo. I don't think they had or have a blue but I do not know for sure.

Doesn't camo paint make the rocket hard to find after landing?

I have used it , but not on a rocket . As the name implies , over a hard surface , it makes a good chalk board for kids to draw on.

Eric

I have used it , but not on a rocket . As the name implies , over a hard surface , it makes a good chalk board for kids to draw on.

Eric

This isn't the chalkboard paint, it is "Chalked". https://www.rustoleum.com/product-catalog/consumer-brands/chalked/ultra-matte-paint-aerosol Amazon has the whole line.

Rust-oleum also makes a Painters Touch 2x Ultra Matte line which I like the yellow in. https://www.rustoleum.com/product-catalog/consumer-brands/painters-touch-2x-ultra-cover/ultra-matte I'm having a harder time finding this line. Menards has it but wants to nail me with a $6 processing fee and $10 in shipping for one can. Summit Racing needs to special order it.

I'm looking for the matte brighter colors to paint rings around darker colors and nose cones. I like the whole anti-tank theme in both the rocket shapes and colors

Now I kind of want to put chalkboard paint on a rocket and let my kids draw on it.

Back