Rockets this weekend, Huntsville, AL

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sparky

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
https://www.al.com/expo/erry-2018/04/c7af75e6129901/nasa_student_rocket_launch.html

NASA student rocket launch in Huntsville
Launch range officials in red coats watch a student rocket lift off at NASA's annual collegiate rocket launch competition in Huntsville, Ala., on Sunday, April 4, 2018. Built by collegiate teams, the rockets must climb 5,280 feet in the sky, deploy parachutes, return to earth and carry a payload.

The link has the whole story and some photos. Thought this crowd would enjoy the article, and possibly someone was there.

I popped in there for a few hours on Sunday (perks of being at a college 20 minutes away). It was a great time! There were a few mains at apogee, but no catos and no spectacular failures.

I did get to meet some relatively famous people like Kevin Trojanowski, Steven Shannon, Trip Barber, Jimmy Yawn, tfish, and some other really cool people. :)

I can't wait until senior year when I get to compete on the UAH team. :D

I popped in there for a few hours on Sunday (perks of being at a college 20 minutes away). It was a great time! There were a few mains at apogee, but no catos and no spectacular failures.

I did get to meet some relatively famous people like Kevin Trojanowski, Steven Shannon, Trip Barber, Jimmy Yawn, tfish, and some other really cool people. :)

I can't wait until senior year when I get to compete on the UAH team. :D

You forgot to mention premature rover deployments at 700' (that being said, they definitely met the mission objective of traveling over 5' from the vehicle!)

When I volunteered to do crowd safety last year, I had no idea how many rocket folks I'd meet! Shout out to anyone who helps out with the event or takes time to work with the student teams!

Back