MICHIANA ROCKETRY MIDWESTBLAST3 April 21 and 21, 2018 Three Oaks, MI

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
MIDWESTBLAST3.jpg

MIDWESTBLAST3
Michiana Rocketry will be hosting a 2 day launch Saturday April 21st and 22nd Year 2018

Last year's MIDWESTBLAST2 was well attended with lot's of great launches, we are expecting even a bigger and better launch this year. You don’t wanna miss this one!

Launch details:
Launch times both days 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST
Waiver to 12,000 Feet, Call in 16,000 Feet
Motors permitted up to M impulse size, EX both days,
Sparkys = Yes, We luv them
On site fully adjustable NEW LAUNCH PADS launch pads:
8 Low Power pads ( A thru E) 1/8 to 1/4 inch rods
4 Mid Power pads (F,G H,I) 1 inch (1010) rails, 3/8,1/2 rods
4 High Power pads (J,K,L) 1 inch (1010) rails
2 Extreme High Power Pad (M) 1.5 inch (1515) rail, 280 pound limit
Launch controller WilsonFX digital wireless
Multiple vendors will be onsite both days.
Two Porta Potties, Hand washing station and trash dumpster provided.
Food: Saturday Onsite our famous Pigroast with several sides, cherry cobbler, and soda /water
Pigroast food provided by award winning BBQ master
Saturday night after launch meet/party/BS session at Nelson's Saloon (yes kid friendly)
at 18 N. Elm St, Downtown Three Oaks MI
Directions and more info: michianarocketry.org
Rain Date April 28th and 29th

We will be following the same Michiana Rocketry Daily Launch Form Fee schedule below for MWB3:

MICHIANA ROCKETRY LAUNCH FEES:
Children under 18 years of age - FREE
Adult Member with Season Pass HP all motors - FREE
Adult Member Low Power motors G or smaller - FREE
Adult Member High Power motors H or larger- $10.00
Adult Non-Member Low Power motors G or smaller - $5.00
Adult Non-Member High Power motors H or larger - $15.00 Per Day or $20.00 both days

Note: To get a good start on this we will be setting up on Friday April 20th starting around 3 pm EST so if you can come and help out this will be much appreciated. If the launch is a GO, I am planning to meet at the field Friday April 20th around 3 pm with trailer to start getting our field set up.

We are scheduled on having the launch unless something drastic happens to the weather, in case of bad weather the Rain date would be the following weekend, so always check the website before you plan to make the trip down. Due to a lot of people traveling and the logistics needed for the event we will post if the MIDWESTBLAST3 launch planned is a GO or NO-GO by April 18th the Wednesday before launch.

We can always use volunteers to help in setting up, breaking down, and work the LCO and RSO positions for this launch, Remember we all need to help share the responsibility of running the club.

So, let’s all come on out and have a great time.
Go to https://www.michianarocketry.org/ for the latest launch update and map to field
Regards,
John Olevich
Prefect/President
Michiana Rocketry

Last edited:
View attachment 342325

MIDWESTBLAST3
Michiana Rocketry will be hosting a 2 day launch Saturday April 21st and 22nd Year 2018

Last year's MIDWESTBLAST2 was well attended with lot's of great launches, we are expecting even a bigger and better launch this year. You don’t wanna miss this one!

Launch details:
Launch times both days 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST
Waiver to 12,000 Feet, Call in 16,000 Feet
Motors permitted up to M impulse size, EX both days,
Sparkys = Yes, We luv them
On site fully adjustable NEW LAUNCH PADS launch pads:
8 Low Power pads ( A thru E) 1/8 to 1/4 inch rods
4 Mid Power pads (F,G H,I) 1 inch (1010) rails, 3/8,1/2 rods
4 High Power pads (J,K,L) 1 inch (1010) rails
2 Extreme High Power Pad (M) 1.5 inch (1515) rail, 280 pound limit
Launch controller WilsonFX digital wireless
Multiple vendors will be onsite both days.
Two Porta Potties, Hand washing station and trash dumpster provided.
Food: Saturday Onsite our famous Pigroast with several sides, cherry cobbler, and soda /water
Pigroast food provided by award winning BBQ master
Saturday night after launch meet/party/BS session at Nelson's Saloon (yes kid friendly)
at 18 N. Elm St, Downtown Three Oaks MI
Directions and more info: michianarocketry.org
Rain Date April 28th and 29th

We will be following the same Michiana Rocketry Daily Launch Form Fee schedule below for MWB3:

MICHIANA ROCKETRY LAUNCH FEES:
Children under 18 years of age - FREE
Adult Member with Season Pass HP all motors - FREE
Adult Member Low Power motors G or smaller - FREE
Adult Member High Power motors H or larger- $10.00
Adult Non-Member Low Power motors G or smaller - $5.00
Adult Non-Member High Power motors H or larger - $15.00 Per Day or $20.00 both days

Note: To get a good start on this we will be setting up on Friday April 20th starting around 3 pm EST so if you can come and help out this will be much appreciated. If the launch is a GO, I am planning to meet at the field Friday April 20th around 3 pm with trailer to start getting our field set up.

We are scheduled on having the launch unless something drastic happens to the weather, in case of bad weather the Rain date would be the following weekend, so always check the website before you plan to make the trip down. Due to a lot of people traveling and the logistics needed for the event we will post if the MIDWESTBLAST3 launch planned is a GO or NO-GO by April 18th the Wednesday before launch.

We can always use volunteers to help in setting up, breaking down, and work the LCO and RSO positions for this launch, Remember we all need to help share the responsibility of running the club.

So, let’s all come on out and have a great time.
Go to https://www.michianarocketry.org/ for the latest launch update and map to field
Regards,
John Olevich
Prefect/President
Michiana Rocketry

Looking forward to it, John! Hoping for warmer weather and light winds!:cool:

Glad to hear you will be there, Eric. Are you both days or just one?

Planning for both days. Weather dependent, and have to be allow time Sunday afternoon for the relatively long drive home.

See you there!:cool:

Yes, we are a go for MIDWESTBLAST3 this weekend. The weather looks pretty good and getting better. Supposed to be a very sunny day on this Friday so hopefully will dry the field out even more before the weekend, I did have some one check the field a few days ago and looked okay from the report I received. But plan on getting a little dirty at MWB3 (alright u know what I mean). Just finished prepping my rockets, hope to get in a few flights over the busy weekend. Of course bringing my 6 inch diameter blue formula 150 rocket with L900DM motor.

We should be having at least 3 vendors, Impulse buys, Countyline hobbies, and yes the Wildman Rocketry. So you should be able to get any motors on site, from A's to N's. As well as kits and other rocket related items. Also don't forget on Saturday our famous Pig roast will be back again. Hope to see you there!

John Olevich
President/Prefect
Michiana Rocketry

Last edited:
Woohoo! Can’t wait, only a couple launches for me this calendar year.
Hopefully can finish the Punisher before Sat

I'm working on getting my rockets ready for the weekend and I seem to have misplaced the stainless washer for my loki 54mm motor. If anyone has one I can borrow for a couple of flights, please bring it along, I'll buy you a beer!

Back