MAC Performance 3" Carbon Fiber "RainMaker"

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mike2wander

MAC Performance Rocketry
TRF Sponsor
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
I have One of these kits ready to go. It comes with Carbon Fiber air frame, and fins. FWFG-VK nose cone and FWFG Boat tail. Motor tube is 54mm Canvas (not G10 as in the pic.). Avbay comes with a printed board and all the hardware necessary, just add your electronics. Bulk plates are stepped 3/16" Canvas with S/Steel forged eye nuts. The kit also includes a 54mm FastBack retainer and fin jig and Kevlar booster Y-bridal. If you miss this one I have a few more available as special order. And yes, the Loki 2800 hardware fits! $499.00 Email me at [email protected]
Carbon 1.jpg Carbon 3.jpg Carbon 4.jpg Carbon 7.jpg Carbon Booster.jpg

Last edited:
The clear finish is nine coats of Spies Hecker automotive clear. It was applied three coats at a time and sanded after each three coat layer. The finish was left untouched after the last three coats. This allowed me to bury the graphics without leaving any edges. The reality is that it looks great but has a pound of paint that it doesn't need. :facepalm:

I purchased one of Mike’s 3” Carbon Fiber RainMaker kits. All of the parts fit perfectly right out of the box. I will be doing a build thread on the RainMaker kit in the near future.

All the best,
Bob

Back