LocalWx - Weather forecasts specific to your launch site

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rockethound

Infinity is in our minds
Reaction score
The NWS issues a Point Forecast for anywhere in the CONUS. Here's a little program that makes using Point Forecasts easy for anyone, anywhere.

LocalWx.png

I found the Snow Ranch launch site on Google Earth and set up a special entry for it. Type in any location, press Look Up, and you'll see data similar to what's in this image. If you press Forecast next, it brings up your default browser pointed to the chosen location. If your launch location doesn't have a name, you can enter the lat/lon of the site directly into LocalWx.

You can download it here, packaged in a formal install kit. It is freeware; no charge at all. I have been producing CAD software for model railroads for over 20 years. I warrant this program to be free of malware. It has been digitally signed to prevent tampering. If it warns you that it isn't downloaded frequently, I just posted it today with the Snow Ranch modification... just save it, then run the install kit.

Back