Best 29mm to 24mm motor adaptor with Aerotech retention

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OC_Rocket_Man

Reaction score
What's the best route for a 29mm to 24mm motor adaptor for an assembled Aerotech kit with an Aerotech retainer?

Aeropak specifies their adaptors are for use with their retainers, although I don't see how it could matter?

If it makes any difference this would mainly be for an RMS 24/40 casing.

I just 3D print them, they work great. Had three 24/40 launches (E28-4) this past weekend at the club launch on the same rocket and adapter. No issues.

Aeropak specifies their adaptors are for use with their retainers, although I don't see how it could matter?

The aeropack 24->29 mm adapter is probably highest quality and most durable version. It's machined specifically for their 29mm retainer, but will work just fine with any other retainer. I've specifically used it with the estes plastic 29mm retainers with no issues.

I made one with a scrap of BT-50, two peeled-down 50/55 centering rings, and two thin 50/55 rings as a thrust ring. It works fine, and I can use a retainer by putting a thin 20/55 ring on top.

Sent from my LGL44VL using Rocketry Forum mobile app

The Estes plastic 24/29 adapter works great for the 24/40 case, and will work for Aeropac, Aerotech, and Estes screw on 29 mm retainers.

Back