No replies from Tripoli via post or email

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tibbe

Reaction score
I sent my L1 paperwork to Tripoli about 6 weeks ago and I still haven't seen my status update on their website nor have I received a new membership card via mail. I've also tried to contact them via their website contact form twice without any reply. Is this normal?

Did you email paperwork or snail mail it? I just sent mine last week via email and received card today.

I sent my L1 paperwork to Tripoli about 6 weeks ago and I still haven't seen my status update on their website nor have I received a new membership card via mail. I've also tried to contact them via their website contact form twice without any reply. Is this normal?

No, it’s not normal. I’ve contacted Deb at HQ several times during that period. Send me a PM with your real name, phone number, and tell me how you sent it. It sounds like it may have gotten lost somewhere before she had a chance to see it.

Steve Shannon

I sent your pm to Deb and I sent you Deb’s email. I suspect she already gets a lot of spam and that’s why she didn’t respond to your messages, so I don’t want to publish her address in the open.
You should hear from her in the next couple days. If not, send me another PM.
I’m sorry for the poor response, but I’m sure it’s not intentional.

Steve Shannon

I'm sure there are good reasons. Thanks for helping out. I'll sort this out with Deb over email.

Thanks! If there's time it'd be great if Tripoli looked into that contact form or just put an email address on the website so we can avoid the form (and any related problems).

Thanks! If there's time it'd be great if Tripoli looked into that contact form or just put an email address on the website so we can avoid the form (and any related problems).

I’m not sure what the problem is. I get emails frequently from people who use the form, but I’ll let our IT staff know that at least a couple didn’t seem to get through. Everyone who joins should login (the first time you have to use the forgotten password utility to set a password) and check their profile to make sure everything is correct.

Everyone who joins should login (the first time you have to use the forgotten password utility to set a password) and check their profile to make sure everything is correct.

I have tried that several times but still haven't gotten any email notification about password!

I noticed this thread as I'm having a similar trouble. I sent in my L1 paperwork via email to [email protected] on 3/18/18. I haven't heard back and since OP said he logged in to check his status, I just did the same. I am still at level 0 also. Steve, can you get me on the right track to getting this rolling?

Thanks,
Timothy

I noticed this thread as I'm having a similar trouble. I sent in my L1 paperwork via email to [email protected] on 3/18/18. I haven't heard back and since OP said he logged in to check his status, I just did the same. I am still at level 0 also. Steve, can you get me on the right track to getting this rolling?

Thanks,
Timothy

I will check, but yours is recent enough that it could simply be the lag between when Deb updates her copy of the member database and when that database gets pushed up to the server. First you’ll need to send me your real name, address, and email address in a PM.

I will check, but yours is recent enough that it could simply be the lag between when Deb updates her copy of the member database and when that database gets pushed up to the server. First you’ll need to send me your real name, address, and email address in a PM.

And this one arrived, but because the subject line was unusual and all that was included was an attachment, Deb moved it into quarantine. I would have done the same.
I would always make sure, when sending email to Deb, to make sure the subject line is meaningful to Tripoli business. A subject line that says “sent from John Doe’s printer” without mentioning certification paperwork will probably get sent to the junk pile. She gets lots of spam, lots of questionable offers, and a relatively small amount of Tripoli email.
For certification papers, I would always include the words “Tripoli Certification” in the subject line. For membership questions, “Tripoli membership” or something like that. And always include an explanatory message in the body with full membership and contact information, including full name, TRA number, phone number, email, and USPS and/or street address.

Steve Shannon

To highlight what Steve is saying, the Tripoli website is updated from the official membership database roughly once per month; it's a manual process. New members (or folks that have reinstated lapsed membership) and cert level updates are pushed to the website during this monthly update. New members don't have instantaneous website access. When it's available, new members receive a welcome email explaining how to log on for the first time.

Support for the Tripoli website can also be reached at [email protected]

Back