A Rocketry Scenario

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bob has been banned or at least changed to another account name at least once, the name changes but the actions remain the same.
While I am a individual of faith I do also recognize that not everyone agrees with my views, that being said wishing some Happy Easter, Passover, St. Patricks Day, Ramadan, or National Agnostics day ( dont care if it exists as this is an example) should be taken as wishing everyone to be happy....WHATEVER THEIR BELIEFS.
Personally the biggest flame wars that I have seen occur on TRF are in the Watering Hole and caused by and between about 6 indiduals ( or less) and its always the same ones. All of them should get a time out and the one banned outright.

/RANT OFF

I am in agreement with you. I am not much of a religous type, but I do not in any way take somebody wishing me a Merry Christmas or whatever negatively. I take it is the positive spirit it was offered.

I think some folks do go far beyond this repeatedly and this is an issue.

Also, those that consistently fire back instead of walking away are at fault. Instead of accepting something in a positive spirit they cannot help themselves. This is also problematic behavior. Read the original post, report the post to the mods, and let them deal with it instead of fueling the flames.

Sent from my iPhone using Rocketry Forum

Surely someone is friends with 'Bob'?
Surely someone knows him outside of the club?
If he's gotten his L2 or L3, he can't just have started in January..

Like, you don't belong to a club and are ostracized by everyone, yet keep coming..

...that being said wishing some Happy Easter, Passover, St. Patricks Day, Ramadan, or National Agnostics day ( dont care if it exists as this is an example) should be taken as wishing everyone to be happy....WHATEVER THEIR BELIEFS...

I have heard that agnostics start every meeting with half a prayer.

Scenario:

Discuss.

s6

Random thoughts:

- Put "Bob" on your Ignore list and be done with it. Responding (and repeated responding) to trolls is tiresome.

- Make an offer, buy TRF, ban whoever you want.

- Sparkies make great firestarters IMO

Happy Easter is fine, "he is risen" is not. Got it?

Your opinion is duely noted. I'll continue to let the owner/admins/moderators police this place. I'll continue to report questionable (IMO) posts using the little triangle symbol in the bottom left corner of each post if necessary. And I'll continue to use the Ignore List for self-identified trolls.

What about happy birthday, Jesus on Christmas?

I work with a very large team based in Madrid, Spain. On that team, there are no less than 3 people named Jesus. I need to find out when they were born but I doubt very highly that it was December 25th.

Happy Easter is fine, "he is risen" is not. Got it?

If that is your opinion, then you may wish to report the post and let the actual moderators/site admin decide. Engaging the poster about their post or religion (whether through snarky comment or long, eloquent thought) most definitely does constitute a discussion about religion, which is against forum policy. Seems the best course of action is to simply report a post you feels is inappropriate, and let the forum leaders decide.

If that is your opinion, then you may wish to report the post and let the actual moderators/site admin decide. Engaging the poster about their post or religion (whether through snarky comment or long, eloquent thought) most definitely does constitute a discussion about religion, which is against forum policy. Seems the best course of action is to simply report a post you feels is inappropriate, and let the forum leaders decide.

It is the very reason this subject SHOULDN'T be allowed here BECAUSE of the inevitable flame wars that pursue. Cut the head off the snake and it dies.

Cool. Let the mods take care of it. They will decide whether a common phrase associated with a holiday is crossing the line. Works better than antagonism (which is also against TRF rules).

Unfortunately, it's not working with repeat offenders. The subject matter has always brought out both sides. Once again, cut off the head.

Nowhere is it guaranteed in the TRF rules that everyone will be happy with the decision made by the admin or mods. If they interperet the rules differently than you do in a given circumstance, then there is always the ignore function.

Ignore of course goes for everyone yet that doesn't really 'function' either. Cut the head off the snake and the following body withers along with it.

Matthew 6:1

"Be careful not to practice your righteousness in front of others to be seen by them. If you do, you will have no reward from your Father in heaven."

Stuff like "Merry Christmas," "Happy Easter," "Joyous Kwanzaa," "Lovely Hanukkah," "Blessed Ramadan," "Enjoy Saturnalia," "Burma-Shave," "Taste the Rainbow," etc. are mostly superficial greetings.

But "Remember OUR LORD AND SAVIOR who DIED FOR YOUR SINS" is much more presumptuous and offensive. I don't care what you believe, but don't stick your weirdness in my face every chance you get.

I'm still waiting for everyone to sacrifice THEIR kids for an equal purpose and see what the law thinks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back