gonna buy 2

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That is nifty. My first thought was for an all-in-one range box, but after looking at the detailed dimensions, the drawer divider spacing is not well set up for LPR motors (lots of 2.5" compartments and stuff like that.)

But it does look really nice designed in general. I do wonder what they cost.

That is nifty. My first thought was for an all-in-one range box, but after looking at the detailed dimensions, the drawer divider spacing is not well set up for LPR motors (lots of 2.5" compartments and stuff like that.)

On that note, if the compartments were adjustable so you could modify them, it really would be an awesome box. Personally, I wouldn't have much of a need for all those little 2x2ish size compartments.

They are adjustable. The slots are removable. You can choose not to use all the dividers.

I missed that the first time I watched the video. I wonder if ALL of the dividers are movable? Let us know when yours arrives. They only show the top shelf doing that.

As far as LPR goes, I'm still stoked about my Husky box. I can put some MPR in there too but the compartments were already big enough for 18 & 24mm short and long. And every compartment can be removed for custom storage. Got mine on sale for 20 bucks I think. Prolly 30, but it's worth 30 and more.

Motor Box Closed.jpg Motor Box.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been using several of these:

https://www.harborfreight.com/tool-storage/part-storage/toolbox-organizer-with-4-drawers-68238.html

but not for rocketry stuff (keeping track/inventory of electronic parts). They would work well for low/mid power stuff. Each drawer has sections that are just under 2" wide and 1 1/2" tall, and can be divided as small as 1 1/2" or the full width of the drawer (~ 10 1/4"). There's also storage in the top compartment under the handle. The only complaint I have is that the front "flap" is a little hard to disengage. I had to sand down the tab that locks it in place - it locks very securely!

Back