Semroc Omega w/Booster vision payload

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

J Blatz

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Being unemployed sucks, but luckily I have a DEEP build pile. Monday I started my Super Big Bertha re-issue and today it is ready for paint.

One rocket that I have had laying around half finished for a few years is a Semroc Omega with a BoosterVision digital camera in the payload section. I finally finished the payload and it turned out pretty good, hell, I'll probably post pics.

Now, some questions I pose to you nerds - I have some misgivings about the 1/8" lugs. In two stage config this thing weighs around 8 oz dry, in one stage config it weighs around 6.5 oz dry. Semroc's motor recommendations are C11-0 to C11-5, D12-0 to D12-5, and D12-0 to E9-6, but that is for a bird without a ~2 oz camera. I think for the first flight I'll run a single stage D12-5, and then maybe an AeroTech E15-7 (also single stage) before going on to staging.

Am I thinking straight here? And also, what do you fellas think about E15 or even E30 motors in this rocket off an 1/8" rod?

Being unemployed sucks, but luckily I have a DEEP build pile. Monday I started my Super Big Bertha re-issue and today it is ready for paint.

One rocket that I have had laying around half finished for a few years is a Semroc Omega with a BoosterVision digital camera in the payload section. I finally finished the payload and it turned out pretty good, hell, I'll probably post pics.

Now, some questions I pose to you nerds - I have some misgivings about the 1/8" lugs. In two stage config this thing weighs around 8 oz dry, in one stage config it weighs around 6.5 oz dry. Semroc's motor recommendations are C11-0 to C11-5, D12-0 to D12-5, and D12-0 to E9-6, but that is for a bird without a ~2 oz camera. I think for the first flight I'll run a single stage D12-5, and then maybe an AeroTech E15-7 (also single stage) before going on to staging.

Am I thinking straight here? And also, what do you fellas think about E15 or even E30 motors in this rocket off an 1/8" rod?

The best idea is to sim the rocket with the motors you want to use. I have a simulation of the Semroc Omega (in the first post no less) on my OpenRocket files thread. Update the values to reflect your model, and you can find out if what you are thinking will work, or wont. Oh, and the Semroc Omega comes with 3/16" lugs.

31170518551_98eab5754a_o.png

Back