NARAM 60 ?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WFWalby

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Was wondering if anyone knows when details/registration info will be posted for this years NARAM 60? I keep checking the NAR web page but there's no info except for dates and location.
Thanks
William

In the meantime, there's plenty of details on NSL. Check them out.

In the meantime, there's plenty of details on NSL. Check them out.

I see that the NARAM 60 Website is now up on the NAR site. I have a couple of questions which were not readily available on the site.
First is a full list of Competition events to be held. There is a "schedule of events" and also a "Comp Events Tips" pull-down but these don't totally match. Just would like to have comprehensive list.

Also need to know if there are preferred camping areas (close to/at launch site for my '85 Westy Pop-top.

Any info greatly appreciated,
William

They allowed camping at the field at NARAM-56. The camp area is part of the large parking lot that is next to where they set up the sport range (it's the range head for S.C.O.R.E's regular operations).

The contest range was set up southeast of there (back down the access road a bit) and during the week there was a village of pop-ups across the road from the contest range head.

Not sure where you're seeing a discrepancy. Eleven events on the schedule and the same eleven events on the "Event Tips" list.
https://www.nar.org/site/naram-60/
I'll bet the Contest Director or one of the S.C.O.R.E folks can answer the question about camping on the field.
https://www.nar.org/site/naram-60/c...ps://contestrockets.org/showthread.php?tid=51

My confusion is with Monday the 6th showing 1/2A Boost Glider Duration but that event is not shown in the Tips pulldown menu. I assume the schedule is correct and this event doesn't have a Tip at present.
I'll contact the contest director directly, thanks for your suggestion.
William

While looking into hotels at Pueblo for NARAM, I got the idea of asking around on the odd chance anyone was interested in sharing a room and saving some cash.

Who is going? What are you bringing? Seeing a couple posts on Facebook, but not much here. I am still on the fence.

Who is going? What are you bringing? Seeing a couple posts on Facebook, but not much here. I am still on the fence.

I will be attending NARAM-60.

As to what/which rockets I will be bringing, that is still TBD.

This NARAM is shaping up to be one of those 'must-attend' events.
You should be there. :)

What vendors will be at NARAM this year? (Hi power specifically)

BMS will be there all week (up to M if you need larger let him know beforehand). Apogee will be there, if they don't have what you need at the range they can bring it the next day, since they are located in Colorado Springs, and Moto-Joe will be there for the weekend. https://www.nar.org/site/naram-60/vendors/

Thanks!

I was able to find out more in the previous weeks. Since I'm flying for L2 there, I doubt I will need anything larger than M ;)

No luck finding a co-lodger this year, but it all works out.

If a person is going but not competing, are some days better than others?

Nope, I'm only registered for sport weekend, banquet, and reunion. Maybe it was the reunion that did it

I registered for sport week but maybe this is a secret handshake thing for contest Flyers only.
It was sent to the DL for the Rocketeers Reunion (which has just concluded). There were 40 spots on each of the two tours....I suspect that they were all taken before there was any sort of more public announcement.

Back