New MMX kit coming soon

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
While I haven't seen e-rockets MMX offerings. I can say I have several 2-stage MMX rockets flying on the NE to MMX-II motors. I can attest to the fact the avg. .82sec delay between NE burnout and upper stage ignition can be heart stopping but I've yet to have even the heaviest Micro Two-Stager do anything other then slow down a bit.

One of the best micro-maxx designed 2-stager is Fliskits "Doubles" not only is it two staged but uses T3 (.375") tubing making it the perfect frontal area to thrust combination. It stages at speed making for some out of sight flights.

I have some minimum diameter T2+ two-stage downscales Hercules 2-stage & Warp-II that I don't fly very much unless I have a lot of other people around as they both are nearly out of sight at staging making recovery of both parts very difficult. So far the Hercules has flown staged only 3 times. while the yellow painted Warp-II has flown a total of 8 times including at one Night Launch (almost a first stage mistake). T3, T4 and ever BT-5 (T-5) Bodies seem to be the best choice for multi-stage micro rockets.

MM 238a_Warp-II_2-Stage_12-13-00.jpg

MM 239a_Hercules_2-Stage_12-13-00.jpg

MM 400_.448in dia x 8in MM 2-staging Tests_02-09.JPG

MM 415_Doubles 2-Stage (Fliskit)_10-10-15.JPG

MM 362p01_MM T3-T4 Midget 2-Stage_03-30-10.jpg

I'm pretty excited about the Micromaxx Rockets. I will most definitely check out the offerings from eRockets. But I also have something to offer the group...

1. Don't forget that Art Applewhite has some free fun MMX saucers and rockets plans/templates on his website artapplewhite.com

2. Chris Taylor made some kits that he called Nano Rockets in the early 2000's. I have about 7 of them including a boost glider that separates from the engine assembly. I would be willing to send them to someone to sim or clone for the benefit of all. I don't have the time nor the know how to do that.

I am having difficulty attaching picutres.

Sent from my VS988 using Rocketry Forum mobile app

I'm pretty excited about the Micromaxx Rockets. I will most definitely check out the offerings from eRockets. But I also have something to offer the group...

1. Don't forget that Art Applewhite has some free fun MMX saucers and rockets plans/templates on his website artapplewhite.com

2. Chris Taylor made some kits that he called Nano Rockets in the early 2000's. I have about 7 of them including a boost glider that separates from the engine assembly. I would be willing to send them to someone to sim or clone for the benefit of all. I don't have the time nor the know how to do that.

I am having difficulty attaching picutres.

Sent from my VS988 using Rocketry Forum mobile app

Since you seem to be new to this forum.
I'd Like to introduce you to Fliskits http//fliskits.com which has an outstanding selection of MMX actual builder kits, motor and parts, all of which are first rate.
I've known Chris for decades, but never purchased any of his micro kits as I was too busy creating all 225 different Micro Maxx One Page Plans which are available as free downloads over on the MicroMaxRocket Yahoo group. There is also a look at all these micro models and many of the Plans in the Galleries, Photos & Video tips forum under McCoys Micro Wonder Works. Quite a number of the build threads here on thissub-forum.

All that said to say if you're only looking for Micro Maxx kits: Fliskits is #1, A.S.P (Aerospace Specialty Products #2, Quest Aerospace #3 (they invented the Micro Maxx Motor & LPB (Little Plastic Bricks) rockets along with some MMX parts, Then come all the other small outlet companies like Chirs and several others over the years that really didn't last very long.

Last edited:
Sometimes it's hard for us to keep Randy reeled in.

What MMX kits would you guys like to see produced. Not guaranteeing anything of course, but I'll pass on the word.

QCC Explorer
Cherokee D (and don't rename it to Cherokee MX or something like that)

Binder Design Velociraptor

Check it out? I own about four of them currently. Love it! But I'd love to see both versions of the HoJo released as MMX models. I know, wishful thinking.

Solid Fuel and Iowga:

Fliskits makes an MMX Hojo kit. Check it out.

It is the best performer in my MMX fleet.

8582899185_6e2384dfd5_n.jpg

I received my MX Goblin today.
Instructions are good, parts are good, packaging is also good.

I figured I'd share some pictures of it:
IMG_3922.jpgIMG_3923.jpgIMG_3924.jpg

I really like it.

I might do a build thread..

Do you guys want me to do one?

Thanks,

Sorry K'Tesh:
If it's a Micro Down Scale it has to be named Cherokee-1/8A. it's just the way it is. LOL!

Nope its still a Cherokee-D, only the D-power decal gets changed in this case to something like MMX-power or what ever mm diameter the motor is (my 5.38" Cherokee-D's motor power decal just says 98mm-power since it will handle any motor from K up to an N). Sorry John, I am with Jim on cloning rockets as much as possible remains the same especially the name. :)

Well, I've been working on the next release in Semroc's MX Line. This one has been flown so it will be released shortly. What do you think?
Orbt Trnspt Paint 1.jpgOrbt Trnspt Paint 2.jpgMX Orbital Transport Final Assembly.jpg

Bomarc!!! Nice! Glider?

Send me the info on the Orbital Transport and I'll see what I can do with them.

Orbital Transport flies fine. Only reaches about 130' but Glider flies back fine. We were concerned about losing the glider when we first flew it so we painted the glider red so we could keep track of it easier. Didn't have to worry about a thing.

Love them both! The Bomarc looks awesome. I too would love it as a glider, but I'll take what we can get! The Orbital Transport is like a dream come true. Please, Please, Please someone make a MMX kit for the Centuri Grove Tube! Maybe the coolest rocket of all time.

Take my money!

Love them both! The Bomarc looks awesome. I too would love it as a glider, but I'll take what we can get! The Orbital Transport is like a dream come true. Please, Please, Please someone make a MMX kit for the Centuri Grove Tube! Maybe the coolest rocket of all time.

Take my money!

I'll make a Centuri Groove tube rocket.
Assuming you're talking about this:
Groove Tube 1.jpg
I'll try to custom make one, and see how it flies.

Thanks,

That's the one, Andrew. The real thing flies low, and slow--but it was very stable. Fun park flyer if ever there was one. Tough as nails. Plus they just look "Groovy."

:)

That's the one, Andrew. The real thing flies low, and slow--but it was very stable. Fun park flyer if ever there was one. Tough as nails. Plus they just look "Groovy."

:)

OK, I'll check with Randy from eRockets to see if they have the parts.
I'll order the parts, build it, and see how it flies.

Thanks,

Back