DMS K535 ejection

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Garrace

Reaction score
I want to use a Aerotech K535 single use without using motor ejection charge (14 sec too short for backup). Obviously I won’t add the black powder but do I need to put grease or anything in the cavity? Instructions with the motor don’t say anything about not using ejection.

I usually pack the well with grease or dog barf and tape over it. I'm not sure you have to, but it's easy and can't hurt.

I want to use a Aerotech K535 single use without using motor ejection charge (14 sec too short for backup). Obviously I won’t add the black powder but do I need to put grease or anything in the cavity? Instructions with the motor don’t say anything about not using ejection.

No, we flew three J450 DM Motors Saturday and simply left out the powder. It doesn’t hurt to put in the washer and red cap.

Almost all of the J's and above that I've flown have been without motor eject, just leave out the powder and put in the cap. For CTI motors, you have to cut out the white plastic disk and dump out the powder, I usually just put a piece of masking tape over it.

I usually pack the well with grease or dog barf and tape over it. I'm not sure you have to, but it's easy and can't hurt.

This is how I usually do it as well, especially when the motors delays are too short or undesired.

Leave the powder out and do nothing else. Been working that way forever and if something changes you can always add it later. If you fill it with grease, it's ruined in the event of a motor swap into something else.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Rocketry Forum mobile app

Back