New Range Box

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rocketjunkie

Addicted to APCP
Reaction score
For the last 19 years, this has been my rolling range box...
View attachment 341664
However, 2 weeks ago I hit a deer and being 19 years old, the insurance company said it wasn't worth enough to repair.
Although it doesn't look too damaged, repairs would be almost $4000 so they totaled it.:(
Van 1999.jpg
I had to replace it - a new 2018 Grand Caravan...
Van 2018.jpg
Hope it lasts as long as the old one:)

Good luck! I hope you get great service from it.

We had a Grand Caravan (2005 model) and it is the last Chrysler/Dodge product I will ever own. Not only lots of bad design and premature failures, but the local dealer is a real piece of work. When we got a notice two years ago for the extended warranty recall free fuel tank replacement, they tried to get us to sign up for $4000 worth of repairs. On a 12 year old vehicle. When we said no, they tried to charge us a $100 diagnostics fee to verify the fuel tank was actually bad (it was causing symptoms consistent with the recall).

We left, traded it in for a Toyota Sienna (our second) built here in Indiana. Haven't looked back.

You have a beautiful vehicle there, but document everything because the company is deeply corrupt.

OH NO! It's brand new! Some a$$wipe is going to scratch it! Never fails....JK!
Looks great Tom. Now I won't recognize you at the field. Now all you need is that small trailer to haul your projectiles in...haha.

You have a beautiful vehicle there..
I remember years ago all of the wonderful ratings and awards the Caravan got...
Use it in good health..
I wish I was there to throw some change under all the mats..
You're certainly going to enjoy the heck out of it as
anything new is sure going to be a drastic difference / pleasure coming from any 19 year old..

Teddy

Looks like all your tools would roll around in there. And so much glass .... Are you sure this is a good range box? :p

$4000 to repair? What else was damaged besides the hood?
Its surprising how much is damaged in a deer strike, I hit a 90-120lb muley doe @55mph with my 2000 Sonoma Highrider (GMC's version of the S-10 ZR-2) , and a fender flair, a headlight, fender, and hood, radiator support, paint, and everything was over $5000, damage looked about like his van.

Looks like the van lost a grill, at least one headlight, the front valance/bumper wrap, the hood, probably the radiator support,possibly a radiator and iirc the electric fans are mounted in front of the radiator and might be toast as well.

We have a 2005 Plymouth Town and Country which I personally hate, but my wife loves it.

Last edited:
Back