Good source for 75mm Cesaroni reloads?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

egp

Reaction score
I've been looking on Wildman and Chris' Rocket Supplies websites for 75mm Cesaroni reloads. Very few ever in stock. I'd like to go with Wildman since I have the club membership, but am looking for other options that have good supply of L and M motors.

Eric

You can also try https://cart.amwprox.com/ but availability of CTI 75mm is generally not good (yet). Consider calling the vendors in question and let them know what you are looking for. Sometimes they might be able to get you a motor that is not listed as in stock.

Reinhard

I've been looking on Wildman and Chris' Rocket Supplies websites for 75mm Cesaroni reloads. Very few ever in stock. I'd like to go with Wildman since I have the club membership, but am looking for other options that have good supply of L and M motors.

Eric

Try contacting AMW, Tim or Chris directly, tell him what you want. Magic will happen.
Tim and Chris are both on this forum.

Last edited:

Eric

If you have the Wildman membership why not call Tim, and let him know what you are looking for. He may well have an idea when the motors may be available.

Sent from my iPhone using Rocketry Forum

Just want to be respectful of his time. If we all took to calling him, especially on matters which can easily be addressed by perusing a website, then I'd prefer not to call.

Eric

If you have the Wildman membership why not call Tim, and let him know what you are looking for. He may well have an idea when the motors may be available.

Sent from my iPhone using Rocketry Forum

Are you aware that Aerotech has motors certified for use in CTI cases? Here is the crossload reference https://www.aerotech-rocketry.com/u...571-8d9c-636fbc4b6cbc_AT Crossload Matrix.pdf

Karl, thank you. I was not aware of this, and it is quite useful since most of the vendors have much better inventory of AT motors. It does seem that the Cesaroni hardware is more affordable/flexible when using the spacers, which was why I was going with CTI in the first place (plus having experience with them on smaller motors).

Eric

This raises a question. Will a 4G AT fit in a 6G casing if 2 spacers are used, just like a 4G CTI reload? I watched a YouTube video which demonstrates the use of an AT reload in a CTI casing, however it does not use spacers.

Eric

Karl, thank you. I was not aware of this, and it is quite useful since most of the vendors have much better inventory of AT motors. It does seem that the Cesaroni hardware is more affordable/flexible when using the spacers, which was why I was going with CTI in the first place (plus having experience with them on smaller motors).

Eric

This raises a question. Will a 4G AT fit in a 6G casing if 2 spacers are used, just like a 4G CTI reload? I watched a YouTube video which demonstrates the use of an AT reload in a CTI casing, however it does not use spacers.

Eric

Yes. On Saturday I flew my Formula 150 on an AT 75mm 2 grain K1000 in a CTI 3 grain case with one spacer.

When assembling a motor with an AT reload in a CTI case be sure to follow how they do it in the video because it is different than a normal CTI motor. You don't put any O rings in the slots in the nozzle holder. Instead you put an O ring between the nozzle and the nozzle holder.

Also, you will need to buy an AT reusable aluminum forward seal disk because 75mm AT reloads don't come with a forward seal disk. And unfortunately the AT aluminum seal disks are currently hard to find.

Last edited:
Just want to be respectful of his time. If we all took to calling him, especially on matters which can easily be addressed by perusing a website, then I'd prefer not to call.

Eric

I ran into a similar issue, and finally broke down and gave Tim a call. He laughed and said to ALWAYS call him, he doesn't get to his email except maybe once a day. Not everybody spends all of their time in front of a computer...

CTI has been very, very quiet about their production schedule since the fire. They have increased out out of smaller reloads, but 75 and 98 are slim pickings.

Given the wider availability of AT reloads, and the cross-load capability to CTI hardware, I've ordered a bunch of AT motors from Wildman.

Karl, thank you. I was not aware of this, and it is quite useful since most of the vendors have much better inventory of AT motors.

That has certainly been the case for the last few years, though CTI is slowly re-filling the product pipeline as their factory comes back up to speed post 2016 fire.

It does seem that the Cesaroni hardware is more affordable/flexible when using the spacers,

FYI - AT has a similar spacer solution in the market:
https://www.siriusrocketry.biz/ishop/75mm-reload-adapter-system-1692.html

which was why I was going with CTI in the first place (plus having experience with them on smaller motors).

Nothing wrong with either CTI or AT preferences.
I burn both.

In the 75mm motor space, AT motors can reliably be obtained at 10-25% discounts (from places like BMS), while CTI's are only occasionally offered at discount prices around Black Friday/holidays time frame.

YMMV,
a

Eric
I just put some in stock.

Back