long term care

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

delivers1234

Reaction score
hi. i have some ready to fly and skill 1 rockets. will the rockets be okay if i add the wadding, parachute and cone and leave them intact for a couple of months? is there any chance for the parachute or wadding to get ruined etc?

also how does one display the rockets at home? do they just stand on the fins?

delivers1234

hi. i have some ready to fly and skill 1 rockets. will the rockets be okay if i add the wadding, parachute and cone and leave them intact for a couple of months? is there any chance for the parachute or wadding to get ruined etc?

also how does one display the rockets at home? do they just stand on the fins?

delivers1234
Yes, if you unpack, fully open the parachute, and repack everything before launch. Plastic parachutes tend to "freeze up" over time, especially in the cold.

Sent from my LGL44VL using Rocketry Forum mobile app

You need to repack plastic parachutes if they are stored inside rockets for more than a few days. It also helps to lightly dust them with baby powder to prevent the plastic sticking together.

If your rockets can stand on fins that is a good way to display them. For those rockets that have an engine hook that sticks out beyond the fins you need a display stand. Mine are as simple as a wood dowel stuck in a hole drilled into a piece of wood. You can even get real "fancy" and cut out a notch for the engine hook. Then when you slide the rocket down onto the dowel the hook goes into the notch and the rocket sits on the fins.

Back