Sim question

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nitroracer1

Reaction score
I only have mobile platform now and no desktop, would someone be willing to run me some sims and see what smallest engine i can fly in a estes prowler for a field that doesnt like over 800ft flights due to size. Thanks in advance. And are there any mobile based sim apps? I looked and couldnt find any
Kev

Thrustcurve.org has a very basic sim app that works on mobile.

For the Prowler with the stock Estes stats, Thrustcurve tells me that the only single-use motor in 29mm that fits your requirements is the Estes E16-6. If you get a 24mm adapter, the Aerotech E30-7T is pretty similar and will fly much better in a wind (more rail speed).

Personally, I would be fine with an E15-7W or E20-7W as well- Thrustcurve complains that they're too slow off the rod, but I've flown them in much bigger rockets with no problems. If you really want to stay low, a 29-24 adapter with a 24-18 adapter inside it and a D21-4T might work... I'd be worried about the parachute deploying in time though.

What's your completed weight, all up except motor? Estes says 9oz, but you have to take that with a grain of salt sometimes. If I know that I can get much better sims.

I only have mobile platform now and no desktop, would someone be willing to run me some sims and see what smallest engine i can fly in a estes prowler for a field that doesnt like over 800ft flights due to size. Thanks in advance. And are there any mobile based sim apps? I looked and couldnt find any
Kev

I sometimes use Smart Launch on my iPad.

https://www.mysmartsoftware.com/Welcome.html

Back