Whatever happened to the Jackson (Michigan) Space Museum?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cvanc

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
It used to be on the campus of Jackson Community College, if I recall.

I know it closed a few years ago, but do any of you know where all the exhibits went?

Among other things they had a complete (and vertical!) Redstone missile, an F-1 engine, a NERVA nuclear engine, and lots of other stuff too.

If anyone has photos from there, why don't you post them to this thread as a memento?

Can't shed any light on the reasons for the closure, but several of the exhibits are in storage at the Kalamazoo Air Zoo, including the Redstone and a really cool Saturn I engineering model. These items are pushed against the wall in corners of the auxiliary hangar near the runway.

James

IMG_1892.jpg IMG_1893.jpg IMG_1894.jpg

Can't shed any light on the reasons for the closure, but several of the exhibits are in storage at the Kalamazoo Air Zoo, including the Redstone and a really cool Saturn I engineering model. These items are pushed against the wall in corners of the auxiliary hangar near the runway.

The green thing behind the S-1 model in the first and third photos is a chunk from the Redstone.

James

View attachment 341457 View attachment 341458 View attachment 341459

Back