Tools/Supplies list

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

delivers1234

Reaction score
I just bought my first Skill Level 1 "Curvilinear Model Rocket. What do I need to put it together? Can I find these at Michaels or Walmart?

It says I need "white or yellow glue and/or tube-type plastic cement paint, finishing supplies..."

Could someone share what items i need?

Delivers1234

Welcome to the world of burning money for fun!
I will assume that you are Middle-High School age and answer appropriately....
Any quality white glue is good enough. DO NOT use "school glue" and i hear that the "new formula" Elmer's white isn't much better. I use Titebond II or Gorilla wood glues, both available from Walmart.
A sharp knife (cheap dollar store utility knife with the snap off blade is fine) Get adult assistance with cutting if appropriate.
A dollar store cutting board is handy for not wrecking the furniture with the above sharp knife.
A place to build that is not going to get you in trouble. If you build on the kitchen table, Mom/Dad/Significant Other might have something to say about it.....
Some fine sand paper or a fine sanding sponge.
I have not built the Curvilinear, so I am not sure what the plastic cement is for, but if you need it, Michael's should have it. I do not recall seeing it in Wallyworld.

The model can be painted with any paint you choose. Cheap spray paint works well. If you have never used spray paint, practice on some cardboard. Spray painting should be done outdoors away from anything important (like a car, or the house) to avoid getting in trouble with "over spray" (Paint where it is not supposed to be) When I first started with rockets (many many many moons ago), I used nail polish from the clearance section....

Hope this helps!

I meant no offense, but I would hate to give advice then find out that a child hurt them self following my advice...

I meant no offense, but I would hate to give advice then find out that a child hurt them self following my advice...

Totally understandable. We don't want a repeat of that time when you recommended a circular saw for cutting chicken: [video=youtube;t-shl9feOZk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t-shl9feOZk[/video]

Back