Trouble Printing Decals from OpenRocket

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Screaminhelo

Shade Tree Rocket Surgeon
Reaction score
I am cloning the 2127 Sizzler and I want to use the decals that K'Tesh created for masks. The body tube decal displays (completely black background though) but the fin decal doesn't seem to be included in the decal export. Does anyone have any ideas what may be amiss here? I am using InfranView to print the decals.

Update: I opened the file in Inkscape and the black background was gone but still no fin decals.

Last edited:
The decals are not a separate file from the background color. Open the section with the decal... Say the body tube. Click on Appearance... Click on Edit, and you'll see the "raw" image used to create the paint and decals in your graphics editor of choice.

Mind you, my "decals" are not the highest of resolutions... Typically 100 pixels to the inch.

Thanks Jim!

The resolution is not a big deal for me here, the decal files will be used to create masks. Since all of the markings for this are straight lines, lower resolution won't really be much of a problem.

Back