Lead time for Marsa?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vombatidae

Reaction score
I ordered a Marsa 33 w/LCD a couple of weeks ago and was curious if anyone had experience with them recently. Not stressing over it, just trying to set expectations. Thanks!

Along this line, are Marsa Net accessories still a thing?

Thanks,
Chris

Marsa33 new production was held up a bit due to a quality issue from the PCB supplier. Marsa33's orders are shipping now.

Yes, MarsaNet gadgets are still available. Contact me using website contact me if you are interested.

Hi John,
I am looking at purchasing a new altimeter and have always read and heard good things about the Marsa54, so when I read about the Marsa33, went to your website, No info, please educate me!
Please also educate me about LCD module.
Pics and dimensions would also help.
Thanks.

Last edited:
Ken, I will set a goal to update the pathetic website this weekend.

The Marsa33 is identical to the Marsa54 but just a different layout to make the altimeter narrower (33mm instead of 52mm). Mainly because people complained about the size of the 54, imagine that. It (M33) also has a very bright LED mounted on board so you can see the flashing through the av-bay for those of us who are 'beep' challenged.

The Marsa54L has the LCD mounted on the board. Last year I introduced a variant (Marsa54LHD) which allows the LCD to removed for flight. Broken LCD's on hard landings is a failure mode. Removing the LCD prevents this. Also you can share one LCD module among several altimeters.

Last edited:
Yup, Gotta got to see if there's a manual out for it yet. I just got done rooting a phone. Kurt

Operation same as Marsa54L. Manual online. Plug LCD with 6pin on the PCB, 2pins on LCD off the board to the right....

I ordered a Marsa 33 w/LCD a couple of weeks ago and was curious if anyone had experience with them recently. Not stressing over it, just trying to set expectations. Thanks!

Ordering 33 today. This appears to be best in class but I almost passed it because of the website. Will F/U.

John, looking a using the Marsa for a 100K’+ flight. Does the Kalman mode use both the Baro and Accelerometer to do that? We want to rely on the acceleratometer only to sense apogee, since baros don’t work well at those altitudes. Will the Marsa33 work for this application? Thanks!

John, looking a using the Marsa for a 100K’+ flight. Does the Kalman mode use both the Baro and Accelerometer to do that? We want to rely on the acceleratometer only to sense apogee, since baros don’t work well at those altitudes. Will the Marsa33 work for this application? Thanks!

For a 100K flight the "Accel" only mode is best, at those altitudes the Kalman filter is disregarding the baro only so just cut out the "middleman" and use the accelerometer integrator (its pretty good).

However if you have some time before the flight (BALLS?) contact me and I can do some custom firmware for you that uses Kalman until the baro poops out then switches to acceleration integration. So instead of accumulating integration error from the ground we start the integration from ~50K feet for a better result. I am doing something similar for another customer that has a very extreme flight coming up.

For a 100K flight the "Accel" only mode is best, at those altitudes the Kalman filter is disregarding the baro only so just cut out the "middleman" and use the accelerometer integrator (its pretty good).

However if you have some time before the flight (BALLS?) contact me and I can do some custom firmware for you that uses Kalman until the baro poops out then switches to acceleration integration. So instead of accumulating integration error from the ground we start the integration from ~50K feet for a better result. I am doing something similar for another customer that has a very extreme flight coming up.

Man, I'll never go there but that's pretty cool stuff John! Kurt Savegnago

b7c5e6d0-6ae6-4490-98b3-9e80ae450f0e

Back