3x Orbital Transport upscale

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the advice James. You are correct that here in Charleston SC the humidity is high most of the time. If it's not that humid, it's because it's winter time and the wind is coming from the NE and it's too cold to paint anyway. Well... I'll be using better paint and all one brand. I have been using Krylon grey primer and then Walmart ColorPlace white. $.99 per can. I took your advice and threw the Walmart stuff away. Although I did finish the rocket below in the sub-par paint, it has a few runs and such, I'm pretty happy with my trial and error modeling. Even though I was using dusting coats, the results I were getting were like trying to use latex over oil. Very confusing.
I hope in a couple of years I'm going to look back at my scratch builds and think man ole man, I've come a long way. Thank you for helping me during my learning curve years. Love seeing what you are doing with your OT and I'm thankful for TRF.

My Vega 1.jpgMy Vega 2.jpgMy Vega 3.jpg

* Finish glider radio installation: servos are already in place, but I do not trust the cheapie $4 Orange-brand Spektrum knock-off receiver. I will be buying and installing a genuine Spektrum product.

I have been using the little 4 ch orange rx for years, if they work out of the box, they tend to work just as well as the Spektrum stuff.

kj

I have been using the little 4 ch orange rx for years, if they work out of the box, they tend to work just as well as the Spektrum stuff.

Well, you're clearly doing something different. A connection between my transmitter and the Orange receivers (two of 'em!) requires multiple power cycles. I don't have that problem with the genuine Spectrum receivers.

You want me to drop them in the mail to you?

James

Yeah, I ordered 4, two bound and worked, of the two I had a lockout in flight on one, for a $150 model and many hours spent on them $20 extra bucks won't kill me.

I did a 2x version a few years back and used the original glider attachment method doubled. In between the "glider shelves" I added another lug and another dowel on the glider aligned just right. It works great flying on an F32 with the glider firmly attached and it separated at apogee no problem at all.

Back