Issues getting Aim Xtra software to run

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chris_H

Reaction score
I am trying to get the Entacore Aim Xtra software to run on any of my computers. I have tried 3 so far with no positive results. I keep getting the error code 'api-win-core-rtlsupport-1l-2-0.dll is missing'.... On 3 different computers that are running fine, and have been.

Has anyone encountered this, and figured out why?

Anyone running on Windows 7 successfully?

I just initiated contact with the manufacturer, but he did not have any immediate fixes.

Gotta figure this out.

What version of Windows 7, and what version of the Aim software?

You could try [email protected]

Do you access to anything running a newer version of Windows?

You could also try the following steps

1.Manually register Api-ms-win-core-rtlsupport-l1-2-0.dll Using Microsoft Register Serve
You may use the command: regsvr32 /u api-ms-win-core-rtlsupport-l1-2-0.dll.This will UN-REGISTER your file. And then you use the command: regsvr32 /i api-ms-win-core-rtlsupport-l1-2-0.dll.It will RE-REGISTER your file.
2.If you do not manually resister api-ms-win-core-rtlsupport-l1-2-0.dll successfully, you need to search for api-ms-win-core-rtlsupport-l1-2-0.dll in your pc. If you do not find the api-ms-win-core-rtlsupport-l1-2-0.dll, you may try the next method.
3. Run Windows System File Checker ("sfc /scannow")
System File Checker is a vital tool included with Windows. It allows you to scan for file corruption and restore Windows system files such as api-ms-win-core-rtlsupport-l1-2-0.dll. If System File Checker finds a problem with api-ms-win-core-rtlsupport-l1-2-0.dll or other critical system file, it will attempt to replace the problematic files from DLL Cache (%WinDir%\System32\Dllcache\). If the api-ms-win-core-rtlsupport-l1-2-0.dll file is not in the DLL Cache, or the DLL Cache is corrupted, you will be prompted to insert the Windows installation disc to recover the original files.
4. You may also use the next tool to fix the issue about api-ms-win-core-rtlsupport-l1-2-0.dll.
https://www.microsoftfixit.eu/fix-windows-8-api-ms-win-core-rtlsupport-l1-2-0-dll/

Sent from my iPhone using Rocketry Forum

I have spent some hours on the forums, and have tried all of these.

Thank you, though. I appreciate the suggestions.

I just heard back from the developer, and supposedly when they updated the software, some of the compatability with Windows 7 may have been 'missed'.

Windows 10 problems, anyone? All of my machines run Windows 7 Ultimate, except my Macbook. I may try Windows 10, next.

You could also try the following steps

1.Manually register Api-ms-win-core-rtlsupport-l1-2-0.dll Using Microsoft Register Serve
You may use the command: regsvr32 /u api-ms-win-core-rtlsupport-l1-2-0.dll.This will UN-REGISTER your file. And then you use the command: regsvr32 /i api-ms-win-core-rtlsupport-l1-2-0.dll.It will RE-REGISTER your file.
2.If you do not manually resister api-ms-win-core-rtlsupport-l1-2-0.dll successfully, you need to search for api-ms-win-core-rtlsupport-l1-2-0.dll in your pc. If you do not find the api-ms-win-core-rtlsupport-l1-2-0.dll, you may try the next method.
3. Run Windows System File Checker ("sfc /scannow")
System File Checker is a vital tool included with Windows. It allows you to scan for file corruption and restore Windows system files such as api-ms-win-core-rtlsupport-l1-2-0.dll. If System File Checker finds a problem with api-ms-win-core-rtlsupport-l1-2-0.dll or other critical system file, it will attempt to replace the problematic files from DLL Cache (%WinDir%\System32\Dllcache\). If the api-ms-win-core-rtlsupport-l1-2-0.dll file is not in the DLL Cache, or the DLL Cache is corrupted, you will be prompted to insert the Windows installation disc to recover the original files.
4. You may also use the next tool to fix the issue about api-ms-win-core-rtlsupport-l1-2-0.dll.
https://www.microsoftfixit.eu/fix-windows-8-api-ms-win-core-rtlsupport-l1-2-0-dll/

Sent from my iPhone using Rocketry Forum

I never used AIM products personally but for the Altus metrum products you had to admin install it and run in compatiblity with software version previous. At least you have established communications. Keep us posted please I'm curious how this turns out. If I were you I'd try some more systems and settings until they have a solution. The hardest part sometimes is just getting software to work. Norton for example wanted to delete Altus Metrum software installs for reason I don't understand.

It is running on Windows 10. It may not be compatible with Windows 7, now.

Latest posts

Back