• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Rocketry Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Cosmodrome Aerobee-HI rocket kit

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rockets

Reaction score
I'm currently in search or a Cosmodrome Aerobee-HI rocket kit.

I don't want to spend anymore than $100 for one.

Thanks,

Hey Andrew,
That is very ambitious of you! Just a couple of things: 1. The kit retailed for $115 before it went OOP. I checked the dealers, they are only carrying the Black Brant VC right now. 2. The staging electronics are not included with the kit. It requires an air start of the sustainer motor. Also, no instructions for installing those electronics.

There is an excellent article in Apogee's Peak of Flight newsletter on staging composite motors:

https://www.apogeerockets.com/education/downloads/Newsletter364.pdf

If you cannot get a hold of a kit, you may want to consider cloning it. The instructions are on the Cosmodrome web page, with an exploded drawing. Assembling the interstage looks particularly challenging. Sort of like the Tiny Tim booster for the Wac Corporal. Good luck.

Back