round earth explained

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've recently become overly fascinated with Flat Earth Theory, and watching videos of Flat Earthers. There are some that are clearly pretending, just to troll. There are some that are clearly mentally ill and look like they're seconds away from stabbing someone. But many of them seem sincere and I think these people actually believe the ridiculous things they're saying.

I've also spent too much time reading Flat Earth forums where they "debate" people that are trying to put up evidence for a Round Earth, or poke holes in the Flat Earth Theory, and it's sad watching them ignore facts, twist words, take things out of context, and pretty much do anything they can to avoid admitting that they're wrong. It's very much like watching little kids defend some incorrect position.

Someone that truly believes in a Flat Earth cannot be convinced with facts and logic. It's the same way that the "rockets don't work in space" people refuse to change their minds when shown clear evidence. I've also spent too much time on those forums and watching their videos too.

Both of those groups of people, and there's a lot of overlap, just fascinate me to no end.

I've recently become overly fascinated with Flat Earth Theory, and watching videos of Flat Earthers. There are some that are clearly pretending, just to troll. There are some that are clearly mentally ill and look like they're seconds away from stabbing someone. But many of them seem sincere and I think these people actually believe the ridiculous things they're saying.

I've also spent too much time reading Flat Earth forums where they "debate" people that are trying to put up evidence for a Round Earth, or poke holes in the Flat Earth Theory, and it's sad watching them ignore facts, twist words, take things out of context, and pretty much do anything they can to avoid admitting that they're wrong. It's very much like watching little kids defend some incorrect position.

Someone that truly believes in a Flat Earth cannot be convinced with facts and logic. It's the same way that the "rockets don't work in space" people refuse to change their minds when shown clear evidence. I've also spent too much time on those forums and watching their videos too.

Both of those groups of people, and there's a lot of overlap, just fascinate me to no end.

Do you like train wrecks and car crashes, too? :grin:

rockets leave the launch pad because of the backblast impinging the blast deflector...
Rex

Mixing up words isn’t kosher - but ‘b’ and ‘v’ have a long relationship. Consider Mab vs Maev in Irish lore, or how governor and tavern become gubernatorial and tabernacle (going back to Latin).

Sent from my iPhone using Rocketry Forum

Back