Two 21st century military sightings of UFOs

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Winston

Lorenzo von Matterhorn
Reaction score
2004 - by far the most interesting one:

[video=youtube;EDj9ZZQY2kA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EDj9ZZQY2kA[/video]

2015:

[video=youtube;wxVRg7LLaQA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wxVRg7LLaQA[/video]

"Gort! Deglet ovrosco!"

40059919874_2a2377b2c7_c.jpg

Well I dont believe in an aliens. I believe the only form of life is here on Earth, now where else.

I'd never even heard about the 2004 incident that was discussed in the 2018 Tucker Carlson interview above which was posted on YouTube by Fox News three months ago which I only just now stumbled upon. That one is absolutely incredible. Unknowns showing up on radar on and off over a two week period; two F-18s happen to be in the air for a training mission allowing them to be retasked to investigate the radar unknowns for the first time; both fighters make visual contact with a white 40 foot long "Tic Tac" shaped vehicle hovering over the water not causing anything like helicopter rotor wash; one of the F-18s approaches it; craft suddenly accelerates away "like a bullet" "beyond supersonic" when he gets 1/2 mile from it; IR images don't show any exhaust heat; the pilot who approached the object states in the interview that whatever it was, all who witnessed it with him believe it was technology not of this world.

Much more detailed interview with Commander David Fravor, U.S Navy (Ret). Significant new details include the fact that the 40 foot long "tic tac" was initially hovering over something about the size of a 737 submerged just below the surface of the water; after they followed the tic tac, it ran away, and they went back, the submerged whatever was gone (I'd guess it either fully submerged if controlled or sank if not); ship radar could see the tic tac, F-18 radar could not; in previous sightings, target had been tracked flying straight down from 80,000 feet, hovered at 20,000 for a while, went straight back up and disappeared; after the incident they began a return to their "CAP" (whatever that stands for - the initial training exercise starting coordinates? ); the ship based radar controller then told them "Sir, you're not going to believe this. That thing is at your CAP. It's hanging out right where you're supposed to be":

[video=youtube;jCaruUtiPHo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jCaruUtiPHo[/video]

This interview was conducted by To the Stars Academy in November 2017 with Commander David Fravor, U.S Navy (Ret). At the time of the 2004 event, Cdr Fravor was the Commanding Officer of Strike Fighter Squadron 41, flying the newest aircraft in the U.S Navy, the F/A-18F Super Hornet. Commander Fravor had 16 years of experience flying tactical aircraft for the Navy with over 3,500 flight hours and was a graduate of the Navy Fighter Weapons School, better known as TOPGUN.

On November 14th, 2004, CDR Fravor and his WSO (Weapon Systems Officer) were flying with another F/A-18F Super Hornet from VFA-41 on a routine training mission that was focused on Air Defense of the carrier battle group.

Soon after the two aircraft joined together as a flight, CDR Fravor was told that the training event was going to be suspended and that real world tasking would take precedence. The flight of two F/A-18F Super Hornets were to investigate an unknown aerial contact. The contact was one of many that had been descending from above 80,000 feet and hovering around 20,000 ft during the previous two weeks. This was the first time that the contacts were seen while aircraft were airborne.

When the Navy aircraft reached the location, the crews noticed a white “Tic Tac” shaped object that was hovering over a disturbance in the ocean. The weather was clear and sunny, a beautiful Southern California day. CDR Fravor descended to get closer to the object. Soon after he began the descent, the object began to mirror his flight path. When CDR Fravor and his WSO made a vertical move to get even closer, the object accelerated at a rate well beyond any aircraft technology that they had ever seen and disappeared.

The object then did reappear at the location that the F/A-18F Super Hornets were supposed to be holding.

An aircraft that launched just prior to Cdr Fravor’s aircraft landing aboard USS Nimitz managed to obtain video footage of the object. (below)

To this day, the crews do not know what it was that they saw, but they feel that it was nothing that was developed with the known technology on earth at that time.

[video=youtube;6rWOtrke0HY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6rWOtrke0HY[/video]

The official report from all involved:

https://coi.tothestarsacademy.com/nimitz-report

The military keeps encountering UFOs. Why doesn’t the Pentagon care?
We have no idea what’s behind these weird incidents because we’re not investigating
(as far as HE knows anyway - W)
By Christopher Mellon, March 9, 2018 (Christopher Mellon served as deputy assistant secretary of defense for intelligence in the Clinton and George W. Bush administrations.)

https://www.washingtonpost.com/outl...bf9d112159c_story.html?utm_term=.19e8298bd5b2

Where are Scully and Mulder when you need em'?

[video=youtube;3sXQoGcMN1U]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3sXQoGcMN1U[/video]

I've got a lot of experience with computer-aided videographic analysis. I'm willing to bet that the FA-18 videos were sensor glitches or errors. I've seen other examples of video artifacts that made it appear that something was in a video that was not present in reality.

Well I dont believe in an aliens. I believe the only form of life is here on Earth, now where else.

Andrew, what do you base that on? I am not saying aliens are here, but I am not saying they are not.

If what you say is true then the universe is a giant waste of space and potential.

Sent from my iPad using Rocketry Forum

Andrew, what do you base that on? I am not saying aliens are here, but I am not saying they are not.

If what you say is true then the universe is a giant waste of space and potential.

Sent from my iPad using Rocketry Forum

I will pm you my answer. If I give my answer here the PC mods will be all over me.

Last edited:
I've got a lot of experience with computer-aided videographic analysis. I'm willing to bet that the FA-18 videos were sensor glitches or errors. I've seen other examples of video artifacts that made it appear that something was in a video that was not present in reality.

The problem with that was there was some correlation I guess in some of the instances with ground radar stations. Kurt

The problem with that was there was some correlation I guess in some of the instances with ground radar stations. Kurt
Correct, shipboard radar in at least the 2004 case and in all of the other sightings linked to below AND visual confirmation of technologically impossible behavior (by our standards) and strange physical configuration (white tic tac) by a number of fighter pilots (pilot/WSO or pilot/instructor in each F-18) in the amazing 2004 case which was witnessed at the exact location given to them by shipboard radar. This is why I early on considered and rejected the "glitch" excuse. The FLIR images they examined were examined after they had seen the 2004 object with their naked eyes.

The 2015 video in my first post in this thread also shows something which seems to be traveling very fast and low over the water with no exhaust heat trail of any kind with the vehicle itself showing up as white, thereby being colder than the sea surface. Since I don't know if that was also observed naked eye, THAT might have been an artifact. However, I suspect that would have been investigated by maintenance technicians and if that had been the cause the video wouldn't have been released by the military purporting to show a UFO.

I just discovered today that in late 2017 the New York Times and Politico revealed the existence of a secret government program to investigate UFO sightings. It was especially focused on encounters by members of the military. The program began in 2007 and ended five years later OR, more likely IMO, it was a formerly merely Secret program that went black world which would fit the expose' and then the "but it was ended" excuse with the public assumption then being there was "nothing to see here". By formerly being merely Secret it most likely would have been noticed by adversaries - it would need a "case closed" cover story to go black world which would give it much better cover. Another possibility, that the observed vehicles were involved in one or more black world program of OURS and the right hand simply didn't know what the left hand was doing isn't likely if the program managed to last five years.

[video=youtube;6a70ll6WIyM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6a70ll6WIyM[/video]

I've linked below to more recent incidents which could simply be secret military aircraft since they weren't observed in close proximity as in the 2004 incident preventing detection of strange physical configurations and, as far as I know, didn't display "out of this world" behavior as did the 2004 incident above. I've previously posted these, but post them again to show how many weird events have been occurring recently:

You Need To Hear These FAA Tapes From That Oregon UFO Incident That Sent F-15s Scrambling

New evidence offers great detail of the bizarre event and provides unprecedented insight into how such a unique incident is dealt with in real time.
BY TYLER ROGOWAY - FEBRUARY 15, 2018

https://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zo...regon-that-sent-f-15s-scrambling?iid=sr-link2

Learjet And Airbus Had Strange Encounter With Mysterious Craft Over Arizona
The FAA recording between air traffic controllers and the aircraft involved in the incident is bizarre to say the least.
BY TYLER ROGOWAY - MARCH 8, 2018

https://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zo...-mystery-craft-high-over-arizona?iid=sr-link1

Do I think this is ET or OUR stuff? I have absolutely no idea and would tend to be extremely sceptical about it being ET, but if they aren't ET or OURS, who then is left? I doubt if it's one of our under-contributing NATO partners.

"Do I think this is ET or OUR stuff? I have absolutely no idea and would tend to be extremely sceptical about it being ET, but if they aren't ET or OURS, who then is left? I doubt if it's one of our under-contributing NATO partners."

Agreed. Or some sort of autonomous probe? I'm not so sure a living protoplasm could tolerate the stresses with the displayed flight behavior and then there's the speed of light thing. The other weirdness was the statement of the low level hovering over something that appeared to be in the water. Strange, very strange. Yeah, even if it were a probe how in the world could communication be carried out to the home planet? Or yeah, maybe there's a
mothership out there nearby! See, this gets weirder and weirder.

I agree with others that portend there is life out there but the distances are so doggoned far the chance of visiting or communicating is incredibly slim. Life is a parasitic thing once the conditions are amenable for organics and the timespan is long for development. Mars may have had it at one time or it might be buried "down under" and we don't have the ability yet to find it. (Or it might not be there at all or it's died out.)

Then there is the theory of relativity thing. I sure as heck wouldn't want to go off carousing at some "multi warp" speed (even if it were possible) only to know that when I got back, everyone I've ever known or loved would be dead. (Unless they came along for the ride!) Kurt

Agreed. Or some sort of autonomous probe? I'm not so sure a living protoplasm could tolerate the stresses with the displayed flight behavior and then there's the speed of light thing. The other weirdness was the statement of the low level hovering over something that appeared to be in the water. Strange, very strange. Yeah, even if it were a probe how in the world could communication be carried out to the home planet? Or yeah, maybe there's a mothership out there nearby! See, this gets weirder and weirder.
There are plenty of theories convincingly laying out the case that by far the most likely thing we'll encounter if we ever meet ET would be super-AI machines. I believe I've posted links to a number of them elsewhere here. G-forces would be no problem for them nor would radiation if properly designed which they would be.

I agree with others that portend there is life out there but the distances are so doggoned far the chance of visiting or communicating is incredibly slim. Life is a parasitic thing once the conditions are amenable for organics and the timespan is long for development. Mars may have had it at one time or it might be buried "down under" and we don't have the ability yet to find it. (Or it might not be there at all or it's died out.)
I made somewhere here a long, detailed technical post about why I'd be much more surprised if we DID witness locally or remotely detect ET via their RF emissions even if they did exist locally or remotely and that, as a result, absence of proof is not proof of absence. On the comm and distance problem, "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." We don't know squat. How long ago did we think we knew about everything that comprised the universe only to now suspect we only really know about 5% of it?

Then there is the theory of relativity thing. I sure as heck wouldn't want to go off carousing at some "multi warp" speed (even if it were possible) only to know that when I got back, everyone I've ever known or loved would be dead. (Unless they came along for the ride!) Kurt
Even we barely evolved apes know that a warp drive is theoretically possible, but would take insane amounts of energy to apply. But, then again, what the heck do WE know. Seriously. I suspect we think WAY too highly of ourselves.

The more I investigate, the curiouser and curiouser this gets... If the program went black, it didn't take this guy with it (which would actually make sense) or tell him to shut up (which would also make sense for "the project has ended" part of the cover story and would serve to create public interest which could act to boost black world funding). A March 12, 2018 interview:

[video=youtube;V0G9G8Cpu4Y]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V0G9G8Cpu4Y[/video]

Head of Pentagon’s secret ‘UFO’ office sought to make evidence public

https://www.washingtonpost.com/worl...9728984779c_story.html?utm_term=.339912b0b45d

Just before leaving his Defense Department job two months ago, intelligence officer Luis Elizondo quietly arranged to secure the release of three of the most unusual videos in the Pentagon’s secret vaults: raw footage from encounters between fighter jets and “anomalous aerial vehicles” — military jargon for UFOs.

The videos, all taken from cockpit cameras, show pilots struggling to lock their radars on oval-shaped vessels that, on screen, look vaguely like giant flying Tic Tacs. The strange aircraft — no claims are made about their possible origins or makeup — appear to hover briefly before sprinting away at speeds that elicit gasps and shouts from the pilots.

Elizondo, in an internal Pentagon memo requesting that the videos be cleared for public viewing, argued that the images could help educate pilots and improve aviation safety. But in interviews, he said his ultimate intention was to shed light on a little-known program Elizondo himself ran for seven years: a low-key Defense Department operation to collect and analyze reported UFO sightings.

Also:

Luis Elizondo said military bosses declassified and released the unexplained videos in a bid to solve the mystery

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/56303...bjects-pentagon-x-files-project-chief-claims/

The former head of the Pentagon’s real life X-Files programme revealed that defence officials released top secret UFO videos to the public - in a bid to find answers.

Luis Elizondo, the former head of the top secret programme, said that two mysterious videos of UFO encounters, published late last year were released so that people could look at them and help “put together more pieces of the puzzle”.

The Pentagon confirmed the existence of the $22 million Advanced Aviation Threat Identification Program (AATIP) - which investigated sightings of UFOs between 2007 to 2012 - back in December.

At the same time two compelling videos of unexplained UFO sightings by US military personnel - investigated by the AATIP - were also published.

Now in a video clip shared exclusively with Sun Online, Elizondo claims that he did not “trick” or gain the videos by “false pretense” - but that defence officials willingly declassified and released the footage - so members of the public could try and identify the mysterious objects in them.

When asked how the once-classified videos were released, Elizondo said: “No, there was no trick and there was no false pretense.

“The videos were released in accordance with the strict manner that DoD (Department of Defense) prescribes, following DoD manuals and regulations involving the release of information…. furthermore, an additional step was taken to have the videos reviewed by foreign disclosure representatives - in fact the most senior foreign disclosure representatives - in the department.

“Ultimately it required OCA or “original classification authority” approval and review to release the videos.

“So in essence, I didn't really release anything - the Department of Defense released those videos.

Top questions for and doubts about UFO whistleblower, Luis Elizondo

https://jonrappoport.wordpress.com/...doubts-about-ufo-whistleblower-luis-elizondo/

There are more recent and weird airborne encounters listed on the site I first saw most of the ones above discussed in detail:

https://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zone

However, none of them are as interesting as the ones above. Now that the E.T.s (or the highly classified programs) have been found out, they're being a bit more careful to be less obvious (keeping their cloaking devices on at all times). ;)

chartoftheday_8452_ufo_sightings_are_at_record_heights_n.jpg

Back