My first CATO

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My trunk, in winter, seems to be littered with motor spec cards! :D

Andrew, that's a pretty sweet trade-off there!! Enjoy it!

I have just gotten word from Aero-Tech that they'll be replacing the motor & giving me a Aerotech Arreauxbee Hi rocket kit! :)

Thanks,

CATOs suck. Customer service like this helps a lot! Well done, Aerotech!

Andrew, go get busy in your rocket-shop.

Sorry about that man, we all know what it feels like but you handled it well. As for the date code, I can read 11?307 so it would be October 2017 which is relatively recent. Also keep the cardboard tubes and a way to identify the motor (its printed on the tube the motor came in) also they can be used later on for scratch built rockets :p

Sorry about that man, we all know what it feels like but you handled it well. As for the date code, I can read 11?307 so it would be October 2017 which is relatively recent. Also keep the cardboard tubes and a way to identify the motor (its printed on the tube the motor came in) also they can be used later on for scratch built rockets :p

Nothing else to add here, but is there any explanation for the date code formatting used? Seems needlessly complex, so I'm guessing I'm missing something?

It's likely a way for the manufacturer to find out what "lot" of motors it came from in a certain propellant batch from a certain start to end date. They do ammo similar too so when crap really really goes wrong they can say hey here's an advisory don't use products from date x to y. Manufacturer can issue product recall to reduce liability.

... A motor I built myself never failed me.
Mostly true for me also, the lone exception being when Aerotech was switching over to EZ reloads - I'm sure glad they ditched those.

Good on AT. Makes me proud to use their stuff.

Sent from my iPad using Rocketry Forum

It's likely a way for the manufacturer to find out what "lot" of motors it came from in a certain propellant batch from a certain start to end date. They do ammo similar too so when crap really really goes wrong they can say hey here's an advisory don't use products from date x to y. Manufacturer can issue product recall to reduce liability.

Totally get that- we do the same on our products (medical industry), but the AT date code reported in post #20, by Will Ferry has me scratching my head: YMDDMY

Why not just MMDDYY, or DDMMYY? Why divide it up like that, there has to be a reason!?

Well, going back to Y2K days, how about CYYDDD. C is century, 0 pre 2000, 1 for this century. YY for the year. DDD for day of year.

Regards, Rich
NAR 59673, L2

Back