String is far more important than the wheel in the pantheon of inventions

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Onto this line of argument, I seem to remember that several species use the ability to curl themselves into balls as a defensive means, which has the advantage of allowing them to roll away from danger if the terrain is suitable. This includes pillbugs and spiders.

Sounds like an armadillo.

But, the wheel can be turned in either direction. If it's on a cart or some type of vehicle, the cart or vehicle can be pushed or pulled in either direction. You can pull a string, but try putting a piece on a table and try to push it around.

Phil L.

No self-respecting do-it-yourselfer should be without a pushrope in his toolbox.

Pushrope? I have string, kevlar string, thread, rope, but no pushrope. Am I missing something?

You can pull a string, but try putting a piece on a table and try to push it around.

Put a little water on the string and put it in the freezer. You can push it all you want. Don't let the cat near it ot it will knock it off the table and break it.

People say you can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it drink. You can if you feed it salty popcorn first.

Can someone please tell me what I am missing? What the heck is a "pushrope?" Is it something like a Snipe hunt? Some epic secret formula for the perfect rocket or a lariat to capture some Snipe or Chupicabra? Are we all listening to too much AM paranormal radio? What is this mysterious "pushrope?" Please let me know so I do not remain in the dark places.

BTW, my cat stays away from my rockets because I build them in a separate building...my rocket lab/craft space.

A pushrope is one of those specialized tools like a left-handed smoke bender or a henway.

Back