Fellow gamers. I think im on the track to building the ultimate gamer set up. (video)

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mbecks

Reaction score
Before anything else, this video contains heavy beats so turn the volume down a bit if its not your style.
There was about an 8-10" snowfall where I live so rocket building and launching was not even close to an option. I decided to show off my custom built gaming set up...and my giant Canadian beard. tell me what you think and please if you game post a pic or video of your set up, I'm always looking for additional ideas.

[video=youtube;ihvpLgcvHWE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ihvpLgcvHWE&feature[/video]

Nice setup! Just curious, what specs are in the build, and which keyboards are those?

Very clean setup. Much cleaner than mine haha. I have a Corsair One Pro Ti with all corsair peripherals and an xbox one x with and elite controller and razer thresher ultimate headset. IMG_1205.jpg

black brandt - GPU : 1070 gtx 6gb
CPU : i5 6600k
Mother board : MSI bazooka H270M
full keyboard Is Microsoft side winder x6 - got supper lucky and found it at a second hand store
Game pad is Delux T9 (some Asian brand) I find game pads way more comfortable.

liv3mind - that monitor you got is so nice though. I wish. what is it?

Since your buying one new monitor eventually might as well round up to 3 haha.

Since your buying one new monitor eventually might as well round up to 3 haha.
I'm considering doing that myself, I've got 2 1080p 60hz 27in monitors and I'm looking at either a 4k 60Hz or a 1440p 144hz and wondering what to do with the old monitors. I'll keep one for sure.

I also like your setup with the modular plates, with Star Citizen getting playable and Vilpro doing a legit dual stick setup I'm looking for ways to do that comfortably.

I used to play IL-2 and once in a while people would post amazing gaming stations that people built. I'm talking cockpit simulators with multiple monitors, track IR, force feedback, rudder pedals and lots more.

Currently im playing diablo 3, elder scrolls online, and destiny 2. Waiting for sea of thieves to release. I have played star citizen some but waiting on more content; got bored pretty quick

Sent from my iPhone using Rocketry Forum

Currently im playing diablo 3, elder scrolls online, and destiny 2. Waiting for sea of thieves to release. I have played star citizen some but waiting on more content; got bored pretty quick

Waiting on sea of thieves as well, just got Final Fantasy 15 to hold me over. Steam ID is Kallahan11 btw.

I’m going to have to look up sea of thieves, never heard of it but it seems to be all the craze.

Never played blackwave. Sea of thieves is pretty much a pvp pirate game with some pve thrown in. Atleast thats what it looks like to me. Looks entertaining. I really wish star citizen would hurry up. Im tired of the incremental patches. “Ashes of creation” looks pretty good if mmorpg is your thing. Thats coming soon too.

Old HP SFF 7900 that I hot-rodded as far as it will go. Started life with a Core Two processor, slower than hell. First upgrade, Core Two Quad. 6 gigs of Micron memory as well as a 120 gig SSD also Micron. nVidia GTX 750 Ti. I can get a better card but the are extremely limited due to the Low Profile if the computer. Games, I'm playing Champions Online and that's only until the release of City of Titans, that should be later this year. As it is I'm expecting an Alpha Test invite any day :) I used up a 27" monitor so I walked up the street to a thrift store that had a 22" $10 monitor ;)

Gaming wise, I'm down to just playing World of Tanks, cause it's nice and slow... And although i have a Steam account, w/ CS - DoD - Dirt 2 & 3 - and Planetside 2, I haven't played them in years.

KB: Tt eSports Meka G1 Black
Mouse: Roccat Kone+ w/ an old Func 1030 Archetype pad
Monitor: Dell U2410 24" 16:10
Head Cans: Turtlebeach X12

And here is my baby..... :p

Side and Front Views.jpg

I'm picking up my new build this weekend from a friend...
i7-7700k CPU
Z170 MoBo
32GB DDR4 RAM (managed to snag it BNIB for $200)
7850 GPU (that's gonna change after the crypto market dies down some)
Samsung 950 Pro 512GB for boot drive
Plus a few terabytes of hard disks.

I'm jealous of some of y'all's builds. I like to game some, but the Steam Linux library is rather lacking. :)

Gaming wise, I'm down to just playing World of Tanks, cause it's nice and slow...

Never played World of Tanks, but I have a lot of ships in World of Warships. What tanks do you have?

As a long time gamer, I have been building my own systems for years. At this point I wonder whether computer gaming is on its last legs. The bit coin mining craze and potential use of gpu's for AI use coupled with the high price of ram have priced graphics cards into the stratosphere. This means fewer gaming systems being built and fewer games being designed for the smaller market. Most new games are written for consoles, with pc ports being done less and less often.

Last edited:
As a long time gamer, I have been building my own systems for years. At this point I wonder whether computer gaming is on its last legs. The bit coin mining craze and potential use of gpu's for AI use coupled with high price of ram have priced graphics cards into the stratosphere. This means fewer gaming systems being built and fewer games being designed for the smaller market. Most new games are written for consoles with pc ports being done less and less oftenn.

I will say, i usually build my own systems. When i went to price out on pcpartpicker this last time it would have cost me 400$ more, plus my time to build. I ended up getting prebuilt. Its sad to see it trending that way.

I’m very lucky I built my pc right before the crypto mining craze. Hopefully gpu companies will produce mining and gaming house keeping the price reasonable. Right now we are having a supply be demand price hike but once manufacturers catch up hopefully it will drop

Nice loop!

Thx. I have two other WC rigs, a HTPC and a crunching box, but my gaming system is the only one with a WC GPU.

Never played World of Tanks, but I have a lot of ships in World of Warships. What tanks do you have?

I have lots of tanks. Notable tanks are as follows:

Premium tanks: T34*, Dicker Max and E-25*.
Auto Loaders: AMX 13-90, AMX 50-100, AMX 50-120, T71*, T69, T54E1 and T57
TDs: Hellcat*, Rhm.-Borsig Waffentrager, ISU-152, Ikv 90, AT 15 and T30
Heavies: ST-I*, IS-3 and IS-7

*Favorites

Thx. I have two other WC rigs, a HTPC and a crunching box, but my gaming system is the only one with a WC GPU.

*Favorites
Did you get to play the ELC while it was fun?

*Favorites

I downloaded World of Tanks yesterday and am still in the training scenarios. I went German and have the Pz35(t) and Pz38(t).

Did you get to play the ELC while it was fun?

Yeppers. Actually I still have the it. Just rarely drive it these days.

I forgot to mention in my previous post that an old fav was the M5 Stuart, before Wargaming changed it's matchmaking to tier 8. It's the only tank I have with 10 kills in a single match.

I downloaded World of Tanks yesterday and am still in the training scenarios. I went German and have the Pz35(t) and Pz38(t).

Cool. Be aware that Wargaming recently changed the game economy making it harder to earn in-game credits. Guess they are trying to drive players to real money to purchase in-game Gold.
Best advice is learn to aim for weak spots and never use auto aim except for evasion/retreating tactics.

Anyhoot, enjoy playing WoT. GL & HF... o7 (Good Luck and Have Fun - Salute)

I'm just over 1k battles in WoT. Fun so far. Still die pretty quickly most games.

Mine is so much simpler than most

HP Z840
  • 2X Xeon E5-2630 v3
  • 128GB DDR3
  • 2TB SSD (1 TB x 2 mirrored)
  • 250GB ZTurbo drive
  • Quadro P4000 GPU
  • 2 X 27" IPS displays
  • Audio is JBL LS305 studio monitors
  • Cheapo keyboard & mouse

Guess I'll do the system spec thing as well
2x 1080p 60Hz 27in monitors
Intel Core I7 5280k on water OC'd to 4.2
32gb DDR 4 3000MHz ram
EVGA Nvidia 1070 superclocked
Old Soundblaster Recon soundcard
500 Gb Samsung 960 EVO NVME M.2 SSD
240 Gb kingston SSD
Corsair K95 keyboard
Logitech G500 mouse ? (Maybe, can't remember)
Saitek X52 throttle and joystic
Saitek rudder pedals
Klipsch Pro-media 2.1 speakers/subwoofer (subwoofer currently blown and waiting for parts to get back in stock, had these speakers for 15 years and I'm absolutely in love)
Seinhiesser Momentum 2.0 headphones

Of course gaming is really secondary on mine. Systems development, virtualization and CAD are its primary uses. It just works nice for gaming as well.

Back