BattlePark - March 24th & 25th 2018

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Handeman

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
This is our next scheduled launch. It's at the end of March and the weather tends to be much nicer than it was in February and early March. Lets hope it turns out that way. I've got an M mixed up I've been wanting to fly since December!

See everyone at the BattlePark!

Mixing up some Mitch's White 54mm grains today, getting ready for next weekend. Grapeshot should be hitting 5400 ft again!

Anyone else getting prepped?

Definitely getting ready! Hoping for good weather for lots of flying!

Flew my Formula 150 on a L1150 today at MDRA and plan to fly it again at Battlepark next weekend. But so far weather forecast is not good. Hope it changes by then.

Flew my Formula 150 on a L1150 today at MDRA and plan to fly it again at Battlepark next weekend. But so far weather forecast is not good. Hope it changes by then.

So do I, and I think it will change. A couple of days ago it called for some rain Saturday and sun on Sunday. Now it's sun on Saturday and snow on Sunday. Who knows what it will be tomorrow.

Snowing right now but weather forecast for the weekend is looking better. I just finished gluing the grains into a 75mm K1000 for my Formula 150.

Weather looks great for tomorrow but I hear the field might be muddy?

The field looked muddy today, Mike went out and checked. There are puddles near the entrance by the porta-potty, but there are always puddles there.

We want everyone to park along the road until we can check out the field. Fortunately the field tends to dry out quickly, but we want to evaluate before people drive on it. I'm optimistic. I'm hoping that we can enter further up the road where it's higher and avoid the low muddy areas, but most people don't do that. We'll see tomorrow.

The peak average winds are supposed to be 4mph and winds aloft at 3000 are predicted at 5 mph and 6000 feet at 19 mph. It doesn't get much better than that. I'm thinking I might need to burn the Tiger Tail M motor I have.

I will not be able to make this one. :facepalm: . See ya all for April

Had a fantastic time with Tripoli Central VA yesterday. Great people, excellent weather and 4 for 4 problem free flights--cannot ask for much more than that. Big thanks to Steve for showing me how to retrieve my Jart4 from a much higher than expected flight that landed about 100' from the east treeline, but across the creeks--landed in the only clear area for 100 yards in any direction! And, Nathan's painting must be seen in person to be truly appreciated. I did *not* expect my 4" Jart with a 14" stretched airframe to go to 7229' on a K540M, as Rocksim said 5500-ish...wow. And, first HED went perfectly, big thanks to CJ for helping me get that right on try #1.

New member here that will be back for sure.

. . . And, Nathan's painting must be seen in person to be truly appreciated. . .

Ha, thanks but that purple DX3 that you saw yesterday has been flown 13 times and been dragged through a gravel parking lot. I wish I'd brought one that actually still looked good. If weather is good and winds are low in April I plan to fly my level 3 Frenzy XXL at Battlepark, and it is the only rocket that I have at the moment that still has a flawless finish.

Great couple of days at BattlePark. Saturday had low winds, although they were blowing in the opposite direction that they normally do, it worked out because we set up on the side roads so folks stayed off the muddy field. Things dried out very fast, but Sunday saw us still set up on the side road. It still worked well since the winds were still blowing away from the setup and spectator areas.

We saw lots of TARC and NASA SLI teams flying test flights this weekend.

Personally, I got an unknown number of flights on Callisto, probably over 100 now, since it's been flying since 2003. Grapeshot saw flight #46 and Dog Whistler got flight #28. I've got to get back to the build pile and get some other rockets to fly!

See ya all at Battle of the Rockets!

Back