Falcon Heavy Nose Cone

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AstroBear

Reaction score
I'm trying to build a Falcon Heavy but struggling to find a nose cone for the side boosters. I'm using a BT-60 sized tube. Does anyone know of a good elliptical nose cone to fit that tube? I was looking at maybe the nc-60a 4 pack.

Thanks in advance!

Check out Balsa Machining Service, Bill may have something that will work for you. Or check Erockets.biz to see if Randy has something.

Last edited:
Checkout Boyce Aerospace, they have everything you need in 3d printed grid fins, nose cones and landing gear for a Falcon Heavy.

Checkout Boyce Aerospace, they have everything you need in 3d printed grid fins, nose cones and landing gear for a Falcon Heavy.
And they are willing to change the scale if desired. They did a custom Mercury Atlas capsule with capsule adapter for me, great service.

A little update, on the other thread, there was mention the nc-60a had been changed, and the Big Bertha cone is not in that assortment. I just confirmed that! I saw this listed on Belleville's website with the description "The nose cones in this packet are a Big Bertha style.", so I ordered it but the assortment is now 3 nose cones (on the right, below). I found the picture on the left (the original NC-60A) on Discount Rocketry's website, but I bet they are now the 3 set since Estes changed it. now I am sad...

I emailed Belleville to ask them to update their listing...I was hoping they had old stock :)

estt3165.jpg

es_3165.jpg

A little update, on the other thread, there was mention the nc-60a had been changed, and the Big Bertha cone is not in that assortment. I just confirmed that! I saw this listed on Belleville's website with the description "The nose cones in this packet are a Big Bertha style.", so I ordered it but the assortment is now 3 nose cones (on the right, below). I found the picture on the left (the original NC-60A) on Discount Rocketry's website, but I bet they are now the 3 set since Estes changed it. now I am sad...

I emailed Belleville to ask them to update their listing...I was hoping they had old stock :)

Launch Pad 2000 used to have the old style PNC-60 4 pack until as recently as last week, but I see it's no longer listed. I think I bought the last one for my Estes Space Transporter America clone (sorry). Erockets has the BNC-60MS cones in balsa here:

https://www.erockets.biz/semroc-balsa-nose-cone-bt-60-2-6-elliptical/

And BMS has it for slightly less, don't know about the shipping charges.

I see that the Falcon Heavy's booster nose cones are close, but not exactly the same as the Big Bertha elliptical nose cone. If you really want accuracy then you can have them custom turned by Roachwerks. Probably more expensive. Just send Gordy a good picture or scale drawing.

A 1:1 ogive with rounded tip would be perfect scale. I bet you could fill and sand that one a bit to tweak the shape.

For what it’s worth, the Estes designer special pack has a big Bertha nose cone in it:

IMG_1520748303.706375.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Rocketry Forum

Back