• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Rocketry Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Rocketman Chutes

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jimzcatz

Boss, Carolina Rocket Mafia
Reaction score
After more research, I redid this post. Sorry for the confusion.

Rocketman 14 ft chute. Retail $155. I believe its new but cant verify that. I will take $130 shipped.

Rocketman R14. This has the tubular nylon lines and feels much heavier than the other one. Based on that I believe its comparable to the Pro-Experimental chutes.

Retail is $225. I will take $175 shipped. $285 if you take both.

So, as far as I can figure, the 14ft is a standard chute, the R14 is a Pro-Experimental.

20180303_161031.jpg

20180303_161440.jpg

Last edited:
Jim what size and style are thes? I’m not familiar with rocketman. If they are what I think I’ll take both!

All I know is one says R14, the other 14'. Not trying to be a smart ass, but I'm not sure how KY sizes his chutes. I would think both are 14 ft chutes. Very nice well made. I can get them shipped tomorrow if you are interested. Maybe more info at the rocketman website.

I’ll take both if they’re pro experimental 14’. Anyone know what the one without an R is?

Pretty sure they are not pro experimental. Maybe one of each. One seems lighter than the other.

Last edited:
Bummer Jim, I thought otherwise as well. After doing some research, I’ve found that they label them in inches when preceded by an R. That means an R14 is 144”, or 12ft. I could be wrong but that’s what I found on an old post by (I think) Dan P. I need chutes to handle 50-100lbs and it doesn’t look like these can according to Rocketman’s sizing chart that I just found. Got anything bigger ;) ?

I trust you if you’re sure. Now I’m back in but I’m going to sleep on taking both. Hopefully no one jumps in front of me...

Jim, I just bought all of your 98mm stuff (thank you again), seems you’re downsizing. Got anything else interesting to ship with these if I’m the lucky buyer? Email me if you do, [email protected]. I’m interested in everything when the price is right. Thanks!

Dan,I have a lot of hardware I'm looking to get rid of. I some 38mm listed here already. Regarding the chutes, and everything else I may sell, money back if not happy.

Dan, Tom Cohen exclusively uses Rocketman chutes and has the ear of Ky and his son. Chute Tom an e-mail.

Back