Estes Pro Series II Launch Controller (new to me) Key question

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Underdog

Reaction score
When inserting the launch key in the Estes Pro Series II Launch Controller does the key engage in any way? I just got this launch controller and the key just sort of flops around in the small hole but does not engage and would flop out if given the opportunity. The light does work as described in the instruction manual. I'm just not familiar with this controller and what to expect. I thought the key might insert farther into the hole.
estes.JPG

If you press it home it fits reasonably firmly, but it's not like the current Electron Beam where you have to hold it down. You're not pushing it all the way in your picture.

(Yay TRF for putting the photo in sideways :rolleyes: )

IMG_9563.jpg

Yes, mine is not going in as far. Does it take more than a pound of force? Not sure what I am doing wrong.

Yes, it does. I just used some weights that I normally use to help hold things while I'm building. It took somewhere between 19 and 25 ounces resting statically on the key to get it to go in all the way on the unit in the picture I posted. I haven't checked the other one I have but I don't recall any substantial differences between them in how they handle.

Yes, it does. I just used some weights that I normally use to help hold things while I'm building. It took somewhere between 19 and 25 ounces resting statically on the key to get it to go in all the way on the unit in the picture I posted. I haven't checked the other one I have but I don't recall any substantial differences between them in how they handle.
Yes, I got the key in. It took a lot of force the first time. Subsequent tries were much easier. What is the yellow plastic object on the other end of the key leash used for?

Yes, I got the key in. It took a lot of force the first time. Subsequent tries were much easier. What is the yellow plastic object on the other end of the key leash used for?

Launch rod cap to prevent injury and blindness.

Back