Tim is gone. He may have had a user name atticus.

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

atticus

Old and in the way
Reaction score
Hey everyone. Scott here. I don't know if Tim started threads and posted here, but I know he enjoyed lurking and reading the information found on the forum. He died in his sleep with a cat sleeping on his chest. Just now trying to figure out where he lingered. He sure liked flying and collecting rockets...

Hey everyone. Scott here. I don't know if Tim started threads and posted here, but I know he enjoyed lurking and reading the information found on the forum. He died in his sleep with a cat sleeping on his chest. Just now trying to figure out where he lingered. He sure liked flying and collecting rockets...

I’m sorry for your loss also. There are times when my cat wants to sleep on my chest when I think it wouldn’t be a bad way to go; there are other time when I know the cat wants me dead.

I didn't know him and I don't know if he posted here, but sounds like a peaceful way to go. Always sad to see a rocketeer leave the fold. Blessings to you and his family.

Condolences to Tim's friends and family.

Did Tim have a last name?

[Pet Peeve with this list: we don't identify people]

cats are only one step above a snake on the loyalty level.

Sorry to hear about the loss of a craftsman.

And cats are very loyal and friendly if treated properly; I have one on my lap right now.

Sorry to hear about Tim - he always had a smile on his face and some great rockets!

Sent from my iPad using Rocketry Forum

Tim was a great guy-- very friendly and helpful. Just two nights ago I was looking at one his Aerotech Interlock Clips I picked up from one of our VRS launches...
or was it HOVAR? I meant to give it back to him next time I saw him. I remember visiting him at his home in Louisa only a few years ago. A sad day and he will be remembered.
Thanks for the heads up Scott.
Sloppy builds and poor finishing weren't in Tim's lexicon.
Here's link to my Google Drive and a folder of pictures I have of him (Scott in a few too), his rockets and his happy waving cat.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=17MlInPflk_LkDHGFEjg9hNVdg07uumgR

I went down memory lane and looked at some of his posts. He will be missed. We are losing so many of our rocket friends.

Condolences. Much too young. From his TRF profile:

Date of Birth 25th November 1950 (67)

Has his cat found a new home ?

Yes John-- I think the pics mostly have years in their titles. VRS was very active from around 2003/4 until maybe 2009? until we lost the field to an overly concerned parks and rec. manager.
Maybe Jim can provide more accurate dates. Tim looked his age I thought but his spirit was definitely a young one. I think he only lost, officially, one rocket while we were at Pole Green Park
and I never knew him to lose anything else.

My condolences..
I never met him..
I've never seen a guy bring a Lama to a launch..
RIP..

Teddy

You know John (Bat-Mite), after looking at the pictures again I can see what you mean-- Tim didn't have a lot of grey! Plus he has a head full of brown hair.
Rest in peace Ed Rowe, Mark Batterson and Tim Lundie.

Back