Rocket motor sources.

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mbecks

Reaction score
Does anyone know a cheaper source for rocket motors in Canada? In Sask it’s like $30 for a pack of 3 E12s. Is that just a standard price?

haha seemed great until I calculated shipping. A 2 set of D12s rockets cost 12.50 and then the shipping on those was an addition $26, ouch.

does the shipping reduce as you buy more?

I usually try to make orders of $100 or more (regardless of what & where) to make the shipping less of a headache..

It seems to be a standard price. I added a bulk pack and it was still $26. I guess it could be worth it on large orders but I don’t buy motors in that fashion, thanks for trying anyways.

Uhm.. OK..

for what it's worth.. I ordered a lot with Widlman, thru his 'black Friday sale'. In fact a few of us club mates did. We also all had them shipped to one guy's house. So, we all saved in shipping, we also all saved in HAZMAT fees.. yes, I am out a few $$$ but I got a substantial savings. And, I have a box-load of motors to choose from at each monthly launch.. (I fly out of the US).. Many more than if I bought them myself, and bought them in small batches..

it's not like you're buying Milk or Eggs.. Motors last.. $26 in shipping is easier to digest on a $100 order, than $26 on a $20 order..

I used to buy from allrockets.ca all the time when I lived in Toronto. They have the lowest prices on motors anywhere in Canada. I would assume that anything shipping to SK would be expensive. If there are any hobby shops in your general area, then try and calculate how much more expensive the gas would be driving back and forth vs. paying shipping once.

Allrockets.ca is great... It helps that they’re local for me. Lots of options beyond the typical BP Estes fare you get at the hobby shop too.

I’ve also used hobbyhobby in Mississauga....

Both have free shipping for orders over $300 and $200 respectively.

Sent from my iPhone using Rocketry Forum

allrockets.ca is fantastic for us on the westcoast.
You can't get any better. Last orders totaled $1200 for our school group launching on F's and high G's.

Guess I got to be apart of a club or something so I can get people to bulk order with me.

Back