PerfectFlite FireFly reset during flight

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Donnie

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
At High Frontier last fall, I let a young lady borrow a FireFly for a night flight in her Estes PSII Prowler on an F15.

It either didn't log a flight at all, or somehow reset during the flight, because it was in 'standby' mode when we retrieved the rocket.

Have seen it not log flights previously, but it was in low-altitude flights that didn't get past the launch threshold window.

The rocket didn't have static ports, but I have flown without them before and it still detected launch just fine, I just knew to take the altitude with a grain of salt.

I'd think that if the coin cell rattled around somehow and lost contact momentarily, it would have just powered off, not powered back on (there is a power switch you must hold to power up the unit).

Thoughts? This was the 'fastest' rocket I'd flown it in...

Any ideas are appreciated.

Thanks,

Donnie

I had an overly energetic separation charge dislodge the battery in mine and it reset, however it gave 4 long blinks indicating an error, not a full reset.

All I can say is try again.

I had an overly energetic separation charge dislodge the battery in mine and it reset, however it gave 4 long blinks indicating an error, not a full reset.

All I can say is try again.

To be honest, it's been several months and I didn't write it down. Come to think of it, i remember having to look something up in the manual to see what was going on... maybe it wasn't a true reset, but an error. Something to mess around with I guess.

Thanks,

Donnie

Back