Madcow?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bring back the frogs.

I've been Toad the frog thing ran it's course.

1200px-Horned_lizard_032507_kdh.jpg

Did you hear about the two frogs on a train track?

One said "Look out for the [ppfthhhruurt]"

"What [ppfthruurt]"

ba-dum-dump..

Millennials are the scourge of society. I have never seen a more self important bag of petulance in my life. I liked reading the bit about the janitors as if they actually cared that he was using a respirator. It's sad that young guns here doesn't even realize that the janitors first concern was of the work created for him, not the safety and wellbeing of the creatures that created the mess.

Sent from my iPad using Rocketry Forum

Millennials are the scourge of society. I have never seen a more self important bag of petulance in my life. I liked reading the bit about the janitors as if they actually cared that he was using a respirator. It's sad that young guns here doesn't even realize that the janitors first concern was of the work created for him, not the safety and wellbeing of the creatures that created the mess.

I'm not a millenial, but I heard one say: "You raised us, what the [blorp] did you expect?"

From the samples I have seen that assertion would be incorrect.

Millennials are the scourge of society. I have never seen a more self important bag of petulance in my life.

new-back-in-my-day-guy_fb_242044.jpg

They're no worse than any other generation. Yours had its share of Andrew_ASCs too. Condemning an entire generation says more about the person condemning than the generation itself.

I mean, his screen handle is "grouch"......

We millennials will survive. 40 years down the road it'll be our turn to complain about all the young cyborgs and tell them "In our day, we had to Carry our technology!"

The world changes, the world stays the same.
Unless you're a frog, in which case the world pretty much stays the same regardless.

I mean, his screen handle is "grouch"......

We millennials will survive. 40 years down the road it'll be our turn to complain about all the young cyborgs and tell them "In our day, we had to Carry our technology!"

The world changes, the world stays the same.
Unless you're a frog, in which case the world pretty much stays the same regardless.

Bud Wise Er

[video=youtube;pVcbasIb8lQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pVcbasIb8lQ[/video]

For what it's worth, I just got a very nice response from Michael at Madcow in regards to getting a new interstage for my Nike-Apache. Apparently the transitions are at least six weeks out. Do I get the other parts and try 3d printing the transition? I wish I could find a decent model of the Nike interstage, I guess I have six weeks to try to create something myself.

6 weeks out to get a coupler made? Did the manufacture leave the country?

They are probably busy making other parts and six weeks is the next time these parts come up in the rotation or they can squeeze them in. I recall that we had lead times of 18 months or more on some of the airplane parts we made. There was such low demand on certain parts that we didn't schedule them very often. Tough luck if yours broke and we weren't scheduled to make one for another year and we had none in stock.

If you are going to that level why didn’t you use CF tubes that are spec’d & readily available and use a local CNC or just print your parts? Your project should have taken a weekend with dry time tops. Your engineering dept should have a 3D printer. If you wanted to go crazy you could have printed carbon fiber honeycomb on your departments $. These hobby companies are Mom and Pop shops that are not scaled with large inventory, rather unfair?

If you are going to that level why didn’t you use CF tubes that are spec’d & readily available and use a local CNC or just print your parts? Your project should have taken a weekend with dry time tops. Your engineering dept should have a 3D printer. If you wanted to go crazy you could have printed carbon fiber honeycomb on your departments $. These hobby companies are Mom and Pop shops that are not scaled with large inventory, rather unfair?

Oh no, I understand you mean well, but we did not need this can of worms reopened lol

I have never seen a more self important bag of petulance in my life.

Aw, man, what a bummer. I came here to read more about the fine-looking Avalanche - and here is Andrew_ASC "Again Spouting Crud". Almost two pages wasted. Grouch, to me, is more Curmudgeon than Grouch... a kind man tired of nonsense.

Has anyone taken delivery of an Avalanche? Do we know the dry weight of the kit? No RS or OR files to be found - Madcow say it flies on G -> J, which might meet my (silly) two-club goal of flying light at SARG and flying high at LUNAR. Does anyone know if the NC 4:1 or 5:1? Very clean, balanced looking rocket.

(The city of Davis, CA, built a Toad Tunnel over I-80. Frogs are allowed as well. Both are able to safely accomplish the dramatic freeway crossing at Pole Line Road.)

Back