Madcow?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Estes, Aerotech, CTI and maybe one or two other "big" players have more than a few people working at the company, but I bet they aren't all that big either. Many of the places that support our hobby are one person ventures. Some may have two or three people. Rocketry is a very small hobby and no one is getting rich off being a vendor. It reminds me of the old joke about the airline industry; how do you get a million dollars in the airline industry? Start with two million dollars.

Estes, Aerotech, CTI and maybe one or two other "big" players have more than a few people working at the company, but I bet they aren't all that big either. Many of the places that support our hobby are one person ventures. Some may have two or three people. Rocketry is a very small hobby and no one is getting rich off being a vendor. It reminds me of the old joke about the airline industry; how do you get a million dollars in the airline industry? Start with two million dollars.

How do you make a small fortune in boatbuilding? Start with a large fortune and get out early. Back to being on topic with rocketry, I think Elon Musk said that SpaceX was the coolest way he could think of to turn a large fortune into a small one.

At best, I'd guess there's about 5-6,000 people world wide involved in high power rocketry. Probably a lot less seriously involved.

There's a bigger market for people who want to buy frog-shaped sex toys.

i think they do, but theyre same folks that also work the shipping,receiving,billing,purchasing,marketing,accounting, financing,and R&D departments,too.

plus some have another full time job to boot.
:) Good point!

At best, I'd guess there's about 5-6,000 people world wide involved in high power rocketry. Probably a lot less seriously involved.

There's a bigger market for people who want to buy frog-shaped sex toys.

Dave... I think it's time to update your signature.

He could really be talking about F.R.O.G (Free Rocket Over Ground) shaped items which make more sense.

Adolph Hitler. Since we got way off topic again I invoke Godwin's Law and that should lock this thread.

Since my 2nd go around as a BAR, I have placed a total of one order with Madcow, last November during their Black Friday sale. It was for my Secret Santa recipient. I called in advance to ask a couple of questions about blind shipping. A guy (forgot his name) answered the phone on the 2nd ring. He was very polite, professional and promptly answered my inquires. IIRC my order shipped the following Monday.

I'd say that is good customer service!

I placed an order on Tuesday. Shipped same day. Should arrive today (from CA to MD). Amazing!

Frog_And_Toad.jpg

Back