MOU Sample Wanted

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rocketclar

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Hi. For a variety of reasons, we've lost several HP rocket fields in TX over the last couple of years. So we're trying to secure another. I have a good prospect with a small airport. The airport mgr is very receptive and has run it by their Airport Advisory Board. Before they take it to the City Council, they have asked for a memorandum of understanding (MOU) between our club and them. Does anyone have a sample that we could leverage? Thanks!

Sorry, I don't have any MOU insight for you.

I've always wondered if you could launch from a small airport. There is one near my house that I've thought about asking. How did you go about asking for launch permission there?

Hi. For a variety of reasons, we've lost several HP rocket fields in TX over the last couple of years. So we're trying to secure another. I have a good prospect with a small airport. The airport mgr is very receptive and has run it by their Airport Advisory Board. Before they take it to the City Council, they have asked for a memorandum of understanding (MOU) between our club and them. Does anyone have a sample that we could leverage? Thanks!
PM me.

I'm familiar with working with govt and advisory boards. I'd have a few questions for you so we can get this pushed thru with little resistance.

Nate

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Rocketry Forum mobile app

The MARS club launches from Drouin South Airfield most of the time. Melbourne Amateur Rocketry Society (Melbourne Australia that is). Not sure how/what they used for negotiations or agreements.

I found a website of old abandoned airfields and then Google Earth'ed them. I also found a site that shows private air strips. From Google Earth I found that many of the old fields were now developed and many of the private airstrips were just too narrow for HP. Plus a number of them were being developed around. From Airnav.com I was able to find a contact for the airstrip /airport and have been reaching out to them. Airnav.com also lists number of planes there, traffic, and lots of other info. I've met with a couple of airport managers and did a show and tell with TRA/NAR info and a few sample rockets. We're also working concurrently on a waiver. Both managers I've met with were interested in the educational aspects for their communities.

I think the DARS club arrangement with our sites landowner is of the "gentlemen's agreement" variety but I can check to see if that was actually written up. I think some things included would be compensation to the landowner (if any), description of club activities, when those activities will take place, contact lists. But I'm not a lawyer. :) As you may know Tripoli Houston has flown at Hearne Municipal Airport for years so they may have some suggestions for you.

I would think contacting the officers through the website might be the way to go. https://www.tripolihouston.com/

Back