Gemini titan scratch build.

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Araize01

Reaction score
I have the 2.6 inch printed Gemini capsule and interstage. I need to know the body tube lengths for the 1st and 2nd stages. Help! Thanks, Mark.

Sent from my iPhone using Rocketry Forum

According to Rockets of the World, the real dimensions are:

Diameter: 120"
Stage 2 height: 223.17"
Interstage height: 149.73"
Stage 1 height: 569.92"
Stage 1 engine extends 122.66"

Your exact scale heights will vary based on which 2.6" tube you use- typically the inside diameter is always 2.56" but the outside diameter varies between manufacturers.

Does that help?

According to Rockets of the World, the real dimensions are:

Diameter: 120"
Stage 2 height: 223.17"
Interstage height: 149.73"
Stage 1 height: 569.92"
Stage 1 engine extends 122.66"

Your exact scale heights will vary based on which 2.6" tube you use- typically the inside diameter is always 2.56" but the outside diameter varies between manufacturers.

Does that help?

It gives me a good place to start from. I’m using the Estes bt-80 tube. Thanks, Mark.

Sent from my iPhone using Rocketry Forum

Yeah, pretty close. If you flip the equation around and do old size/new size you get 46. So you could either divide all your source dimensions by 46 or multiply by .021 to get there.

I like to make spreadsheets of major dimensions for scale projects, so making a formula that figures out the scale factor and then applying that to the prototype measurements really helps. Since you already know your tube based on the part you have, you get to miss the fun of plugging in different tube diameters to find a close scale. :wink:

Can't wait to see what you come up with. BT-80 is a great size for a GT.

kj

Hi, Kj. I'm finally getting all the parts together for my GT. Boyce capsule, shapeways interstage and nozzles, acurr8 wraps, and twin aerotech 18/20's. I also have the parts for the ICBM version with twin 24/40's. I almost forgot, I have the Boyce 4inch capsule and shapeways interstage. I think I'll do that one with twin 29/40/120's.

Sent from my SM-G930VL using Rocketry Forum mobile app

You probably will need good ignitors to get two 24 mm composite motors to fire simultaneously.
I’ve clustered CTI E22 / E31 motors with 100% success (so far!), using the supplied igniters.

Dpower, that sounds encouraging. Small composite motors like the AT 24 mm are known to be difficult to ignite. Does the CTI E22 and E31 have the pyrogen pellet like the bigger motors?
Yes they do. I’ve flown mixed clusters using up to 7 motors (3xE22+4xD12, and 3xE31+4xD12). The CTI motors seem to light as fast as the BP motors. Only once did one motor fail to light, and that was one of the D12s, probably due to clay in the nozzle. The E31 seems to start a hair faster than the E22, but that’s probably just my perception due to their thrust curve.

Back