• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Rocketry Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Dynastar BT - 70 nose cones

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you mean the 10.5 length, that price is about right. I paid 12.99 for mine 6 years ago when Bryan at BRS stocked them. All he has is a Dynastar 80 in stock right now. Of course, I hadn't figured on Apogee's unreasonable shipping rates either. I never buy from those guys. How much were you expecting to pay for one?

If you mean the 10.5 length, that price is about right. I paid 12.99 for mine 6 years ago when Bryan at BRS stocked them. All he has is a Dynastar 80 in stock right now. Of course, I hadn't figured on Apogee's unreasonable shipping rates either. I never buy from those guys. How much were you expecting to pay for one?

I use to buy from Brian all the time, but Apogee is no longer selling their nose cones to retailers. I was told this when I last spoke with Brian. So if you need a replacement part for your kit you have to buy threw Apogee.

This is the very reason why I forked out 115.00 on a HF lathe. I got tired of not being able to get what I want, when I want it. It already twice paid for itself.

This is the very reason why I forked out 115.00 on a HF lathe. I got tired of not being able to get what I want, when I want it. It already twice paid for itself.

I'll end up paying either way, but a balsa nose cone sounds like the way to go. It would definitely be unique and fit better than the nose cone that comes with the kit. You need a lot of tape wraps just to hold it in place.

I'll end up paying either way, but a balsa nose cone sounds like the way to go. It would definitely be unique and fit better than the nose cone that comes with the kit. You need a lot of tape wraps just to hold it in place.

Those Dynastar 70 NC's fit loosely on everything. They say it's for BT 70's but that's a load of crap. It barely fits and you can feel the tube edge when you run your hand across it. I really don't like them. Want mine? I'll just turn me one that fits. Only been used twice and nary a scratch. 8 bucks and shipping.

Those Dynastar 70 NC's fit loosely on everything. They say it's for BT 70's but that's a load of crap. It barely fits and you can feel the tube edge when you run your hand across it. I really don't like them. Want mine? I'll just turn me one that fits. Only been used twice and nary a scratch. 8 bucks and shipping.

Let me kick it around. I don't like the sloppy fit, but let see what I can get a balsa one turned for?? If it's a little more I still might do it.

Does anyone have Sandman's handle on here? I want to send him a PM. I'm sure he can turn out a nice balsa cone for me.

Here's the Roachwerks machining services website:

https://roachwerksmachining.com.istemp.com/

Lawndart, I think that first o should be an a:mailto:[email protected]

I've had him do some custom nose cones. Good work, fast turnaround.

I think those Dynastar plastic cones might be 54mm while the bt-70 is a 56mm tube. That would explain the crappy fit.

opps, bad fingers. He just finished a 30" x 4" for me. Crazy good. More on that later....

Back