Just ran across this on YouTube

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The_Lone_Beagle

Reaction score
The stuff I see on YT, without any mention of safety procedures (or lack thereof) makes me have a heart attack/coronary/all of the above:
[video=youtube;_xvVJQSGHts]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_xvVJQSGHts[/video]

this guy knows all about safety, he's has all 9 fingers,,,,,

Oh wait,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

So many people doing so many stupid unsafe things FLYING hobby rockets on Youtube, and this is what upset you? Search "model rocket Bazooka" on Youtube, for example. Then there's the fools who launch rockets from their rear ends (not a metaphor).

I found it fascinating to see sketched out illustrations from decades ago of how a motor like the C6 burns (in Stine's Handbook for example), visible for real, in ultra slow motion video.

Last edited:
So many people doing so many stupid unsafe things FLYING hobby rockets on Youtube, and this is what upset you? Search "model rocket Bazooka" on Youtube, for example. Then there's the fools who launch rockets from their rear ends (not a metaphor).

I found it fascinating to see sketched out illustrations from decades ago of how a motor like the C6 burns (in Stine's Handbook for example), visible for real, in ultra slow motion video.

I don't watch YouTube much at all, usually just educational videos and some video game walk-throughs. This video popped up on a recommended list and looked educational and so I clicked on it...famous last words, on the internet!

Now that you mention it, I'm sure a lot of people have posted some pretty crazy stuff. I'll pass on searching "model rocket bazooka" and I'll especially pass on searching for anything with the terms "rocket" and "rear" -- it sounds pretty dicey, lol!

Back