MAC Missile Pluto/SLAM

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mike2wander

MAC Performance Rocketry
TRF Sponsor
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
The Pluto SLAM (Supersonic Low-Altitude Missile) project was officially initiated in January 1957. This was the beginning of the nuclear ramjet power plants for cruise missiles. You can read the whole story at
https://www.designation-systems.net/dusrm/app4/slam.html

Our goal for the "Missile Collector Series"was to offer something that has not been available before. Every attempt has been made to keep exacting scale and detail. Unfortunately the ramjet and stability were not best friends...stability won! This kit includes our FastBack motor retention system, Fiberglass nose and tail cones, Dual Deploy, 54mm canvas phenolic motor tube, canvas bulk and thrust plates, stainless steel eye nuts and more.
The kit retails for $299.00 and you can only get one here www.macperformancerocketry.com

IMG_20180220_111815_429.jpg IMG_20180223_114854_652-1.jpg IMG_20180122_174006_971.jpg IMG_20180127_201509_216.jpg

Mike that is completely awesome! I know I’m gonna want one of those one day!

Looks like a lot of work went into the design of that kit.

You mentioned a series. Do you have more scale kits planned? How often do you guess between the releases?

Keep up the good work!

Sent from my iPhone using Rocketry Forum

Mike that is completely awesome! I know I’m gonna want one of those one day!

Looks like a lot of work went into the design of that kit.

You mentioned a series. Do you have more scale kits planned? How often do you guess between the releases?

Keep up the good work!

Sent from my iPhone using Rocketry Forum

The BOLT missile and the VTS-6 rocket kits are also part of the series.

The Pluto SLAM (Supersonic Low-Altitude Missile) project was officially initiated in January 1957. This was the beginning of the nuclear ramjet power plants for cruise missiles. You can read the whole story at

Our goal for the "Missile Collector Series"was to offer something that has not been available before. Every attempt has been made to keep exacting scale and detail. Unfortunately the ramjet and stability were not best friends...stability won! This kit includes our FastBack motor retention system, Fiberglass nose and tail cones, Dual Deploy, 54mm canvas phenolic motor tube, canvas bulk and thrust plates, stainless steel eye nuts and more.
The kit retails for $299.00 and you can only get one here www.macperformancerocketry.com

View attachment 339413 View attachment 339414 View attachment 339415 View attachment 339416

Well done Mike!

View attachment 339413 View attachment 339414 View attachment 339415 View attachment 339416

Hey nice rocket, just a little short :wink:

Just gotta have one! Reality check says next year....

So, Ramjet intake fubars stablity. I wonder if Joe, founder of Barnard Propulsion Systems will ever do an upscale of his active vectored thrust system. Would come in handy for this project.

Edit: Nope won't work. No room for vectoring. maybe I'll just have to upscale after completing kit build......

I'm hoping for a build thread or two. Really cool looking kit.

Dave

Super Cool. Now I gotta have one too. I noticed there's no ork. file up yet. Assuming it will be when you have time? Keep up the outstanding work and thanks for coming up with such intriguing designs.

Super Cool. Now I gotta have one too. I noticed there's no ork. file up yet. Assuming it will be when you have time? Keep up the outstanding work and thanks for coming up with such intriguing designs.

I knew there was something I forgot to do. :facepalm: The Ork. has been done for some time. I'll be sure to get it loaded on the site before the end of the day, Thanks!

Last edited:
Something from MAC arrived at the door yesterday.

Looks like someone used it play tug of war with their dog.

The mailman didn't see the irony of it, but it made me laugh...that is once I opened it up and confirmed all was well.

Thanks Mike.

Looks like someone used it play tug of war with their dog.

The mailman didn't see the irony of it, but it made me laugh...that is once I opened it up and confirmed all was well.

Thanks Mike.[/QUOTE]

....must not have been too short, Michael? Hope you can have it ready for Mini Midwest Power. How about one of your awesome build threads?

Mike, Please bring my kit to Mini Midwest Power. That will save the shipping cost to help defray the cost of my flight from Miami.... :lol:

Back