Uses for A10-PT?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SaintJohn

Reaction score
A10-PT.jpgtink.jpg

So I scored these on clearance at the local Hobby Lobby. I have a scratch built 3-engine cluster rocket that uses mini-engines; the engines are lined up in a straight line. Can I use these as the middle engine? I would put two A10-3Ts on the outsides and use the A10-PT in the middle.

Sure, that would work. All you need is one motor with ejection capabilities. The best use for them is the small Applewhite saucers. They work great!

https://www.artapplewhite.com/aksjdf/index.html

Do the Estes 13mm A engines have the same amount of ejection charge power as an 18mm engine? The rocket I have is about the same size as a Big Bertha, would a single A10-3T have a pwerful enough ejection charge to push off the nose cone and the chute if I used two A10-PTs and only one A10-3T?

Do the Estes 13mm A engines have the same amount of ejection charge power as an 18mm engine? The rocket I have is about the same size as a Big Bertha, would a single A10-3T have a pwerful enough ejection charge to push off the nose cone and the chute if I used two A10-PTs and only one A10-3T?

No.

You could use them in the outboard motors of the Saturn V. This would save you the step of venting the ejection charges.

I've used many A10-PT motors in models that should have used a C5-3. I simply use a central C6-3 and two A10-PT motors on either side of it.

Excuse the slight necro:
I guess the reason these motors are still around is to power these:
0719201455[1].jpg
If you can't launch you can run these in your driveway.
Mini odd rocs can easily use A10-0s instead of these.
So this is the only other reason I see for their continued existence.

Back