wildman prices

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AfterBurners

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
I know Tim's site went through some changes, but does anyone know what the club member prices are? I need to renew but I like to know what I'll be paying for the items I'm buying. Generally most AT hardware and reloads are 40% off. Is that still case here??

WM club members get 10% off most items during the year and he usually sells motor at 30-40% off retail only during his black Saturday sale.

That's odd. I remember getting 35-40% off most AT motors and hardware year round.

For club members, usually AT HPR products are 10% off, and hobbyline stuff is 40%. During the BS sale, HPR stuff is ~30% off and hobbyline is up to 50% off.

You just have to log into your account and the prices all change. It doesn't show both prices like it use to.

No way to price compare WM club vs. regular prices.
I think that's a mistake, and find new site slower overall. WM fans will probably tear into me for suggesting Tim is capable of making a mistake.

Sent from my Pixel using Rocketry Forum mobile app

I was just motor shopping and thinking to myself how much less AT motors are from Wildman when you are a club member

We realize there is a problem.
Wildman's and the original website developer have parted ways.
We finally found a new company that would take on the monumental task that is our website with what want it to do.
The first order of business is fixing the screwed up shipping they are working on that and hopeful will have it finished in about 2 more weeks.
After that is done the club prices are next in line.
We thank you your patience with all of this and i sure hope its worth it when its all over.

No way to price compare WM club vs. regular prices.
I think that's a mistake, and find new site slower overall. WM fans will probably tear into me for suggesting Tim is capable of making a mistake.

Sent from my Pixel using Rocketry Forum mobile app

I too think its a mistake and trust me i make plenty of mistakes.
I would like to think i own up to the one i do make and also do my best to make up for them.
But that one was not made by me, it was always part of the new website plan but turned into a problem with the designer at the end.

A quick temporary solution would be to add the available club discounts into the description of the club membership that can be added to the cart.

Last edited:
We realize there is a problem.
Wildman's and the original website developer have parted ways.
We finally found a new company that would take on the monumental task that is our website with what want it to do.
The first order of business is fixing the screwed up shipping they are working on that and hopeful will have it finished in about 2 more weeks.
After that is done the club prices are next in line.
We thank you your patience with all of this and i sure hope its worth it when its all over.

I don’t think there is any problem with the prices. When I am logged in I see the price I am going to pay. I really don’t care what the fools who aren’t Wildman Club members are paying. When I want to see that I check against other online retailers and laugh at them as I order from Wildman.
Only problem I have with your new site is that you don’t list what hardware the motor goes in on the page for the motor itself. And perhaps lack of pictures. Even though a picture of a rocket motor is pretty much the same for all of them. Pictures are comforting.

I don’t mean to offend anyone by my use of the word fool in my above post. But if you’re thinking about buying motors online and you’re not a Wildman Club member you’re paying way too much. Even me who has a very modest motor budget saves greatly

I don’t mean to offend anyone by my use of the word fool in my above post. But if you’re thinking about buying motors online and you’re not a Wildman Club member you’re paying way too much. Even me who has a very modest motor budget saves greatly

You might be saving yourself a few bucks but definitely not helping your local motor vendor.

You might be saving yourself a few bucks but definitely not helping your local motor vendor.
My only choice as a local motor vendor is Hobby Lobby if I want anything above a D motor . I can go to local hobby shops that don’t stock anything except Estes BP motors D and below.

So, let me get this straight...

I join Wildman club and get 10% off AT MPR/HPR reloads and 40% off Hobbyline reloads? And, if I contact Tim in advance, say 2 weeks, I can receive my order at an event he attends and forgo the shipping & hazmat fees?

So, let me get this straight...

I join Wildman club and get 10% off AT MPR/HPR reloads and 40% off Hobbyline reloads? And, if I contact Tim in advance, say 2 weeks, I can receive my order at an event he attends and forgo the shipping & hazmat fees?

That sounds about right.

Sent from my iPhone using Rocketry Forum

I would like to extend my apologies. I'm not currently a Wildman club member, but didn't realize that the club prices will show up upon logging in.

No need to apologize.
It would be silly to believe what you can't see.

The majority of people who find online rocketry vendor web sites don't hang out on TRF, thus currently have no way to find out the value prop behind WM club membership. Yes, there is a section on the site to pay for membership to get "additional savings", but unless those savings are staring you in the face on every page, it's hard to appreciate their significance.

I don’t think there is any problem with the prices. When I am logged in I see the price I am going to pay. I really don’t care what the fools who aren’t Wildman Club members are paying. When I want to see that I check against other online retailers and laugh at them as I order from Wildman.

That's exactly the problem.
Without "club" membership, WM prices are all MSRP, and are not competitive with any online retailer.
Without ability to peak into "club" prices, no-one outside of TRF community, will understand the value of "club" membership. Thus they wont join. Thus the prices they see all suck.

Welcome to the vicious cycle.
Can't be good for acquiring new business.

It will get fixed.
But for now, you either trust total strangers on the internet that joining the "club" is worth it, or you will never buy motors from WM.

a

I try to stick with my local vendor, because I really like the fact he attends almost all the local launches. And, if I can buy locally, I don’t have to pay hazmat shipping. It’s a few bucks more for each motor from the local guy, but I don’t really start to break even going to Wildmans unless I have 10 - 15 motors in the order. If I didn’t have a local vendor, then I’d probably renew my widman membership.

One thing about my local guy — his website is a disaster. This wildman club price display glitch is nothing compared to the mess that my guy has for a website. He needs to spend the money to get someone to build him out a professional store. I’m sure he loses a ton of business.

I agree about that web site being a mess. And I will pick up a motor from Mike at every launch. But I still do a big stock up with Wildman's black Friday sale. The old Wildman site use to show both prices on the same page. So any non TFR'er getting online could see the savings and value of being a club member.

I agree about that web site being a mess. And I will pick up a motor from Mike at every launch. But I still do a big stock up with Wildman's black Friday sale. The old Wildman site use to show both prices on the same page. So any non TFR'er getting online could see the savings and value of being a club member.

I buy at least one item from him at every launch. It’s great to have him at launches for last-minute items. And he actually lives about 15 minutes away, so I’ve been able to swing by his home and pick up an item for a build or repair, which is super convenient. That said, I did join the club and buy a big order from the Wildman Black Friday sale a few years ago, and the prices were great! The headache was that so many items were pre-order, and it took a long time to fulfill it. If you place a late November order and it doesn’t come for a month or so, it starts to cut into the Snow Ranch flying season. But if you are stocking up on stuff you know you can use throughout the coming year, it’s a fantastic deal.

And if you order the amazing calender from "Photos by Nadine" there is a half off coupon for Wildman, and a dozen other great coupons. 0225181012.jpg

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

And if you order the amazing calender from "Photos by Nadine" there is a half off coupon for Wildman, and a dozen other great coupons. View attachment 339518

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

Hey! That calendar looks familiar!

Hehe, I have one of those.. Someone gave one to me as a Christmas present. I LOVE it! I plan to use the Wildman coupon soon.

Thanks,

Back