Estes Sizzler (2127) Upscale

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Screaminhelo

Shade Tree Rocket Surgeon
Reaction score
The 2127 Sizzler hooked me from the get go but I didn't get back into the hobby until after the kit was long gone and the only ones that I was finding were overpriced e-bay sales. The idea of cloning the kit camte to mind but I would need to sharpen my skills first. Having built a few complex kits with a handful of scratch builds under my belt, I decided that it was time to build it.

Never being able to leave well enough alone, I decided that bigger is better. Besides, I can build a BT-60 upscale for less than buying any of the kits that I have found. With parts from BMS and Fliskits in hand, it was time to scale the .ork file I snagged from K-Tesh.

I'll try to do a decent job of documenting the build as I go but don't expect anything on my bench to get built fast.

The .ork file is attached and all comments are welcome.

I am looking at adjusting the length of the inner tube and/or the motor tube but it seems like a good idea to leave the inner tube as is for strength on landing.

View attachment Estes Sizzler (2127)_MOD60v1.ork

Never being able to leave well enough alone, I decided that bigger is better. Besides, I can build a BT-60 upscale for less than buying any of the kits that I have found. With parts from BMS and Fliskits in hand, it was time to scale the .ork file I snagged from K-Tesh.

I'll try to do a decent job of documenting the build as I go but don't expect anything on my bench to get built fast.

The .ork file is attached and all comments are welcome.

I am looking at adjusting the length of the inner tube and/or the motor tube but it seems like a good idea to leave the inner tube as is for strength on landing.

View attachment 339292

Hi Bill,

Glad to see that my work is being put to use. I'm a little confused though... The 2127 version of the Sizzler is a BT-60 design.

And while you don't have it on hand... the PNC-60RL nosecone is currently part of the current version of the Estes BT-60 Nose Cone Assortment.

Hi Bill,

Glad to see that my work is being put to use. I'm a little confused though... The 2127 version of the Sizzler is a BT-60 design.

And while you don't have it on hand... the PNC-60RL nosecone is currently part of the current version of the Estes BT-60 Nose Cone Assortment.

Busted!

While I was playing around with upscales, I lost track of where I was in the process. I had scaled it up to 2.6" and then worked it down to a size where I could keep the cost down a bit and ended up at BT-60, I never checked original again. The NC was what really drove this and I had switched to the NCB-**AO so that I could get something off the shelf. I think that I actually have an unused RL NC so that will be an easy correction. Let's just call it a hot rod since it is being built for 24mm power.

Busted!

While I was playing around with upscales, I lost track of where I was in the process. I had scaled it up to 2.6" and then worked it down to a size where I could keep the cost down a bit and ended up at BT-60, I never checked original again. The NC was what really drove this and I had switched to the NCB-**AO so that I could get something off the shelf. I think that I actually have an unused RL NC so that will be an easy correction. Let's just call it a hot rod since it is being built for 24mm power.

Ok... It's being redshifted... That makes more sense to me.

I'll be watching this build. :pop:

Back