How do you make pictures work again?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

boatgeek

Reaction score
It's been a while since my last build thread, and I'm running into a problem with uploading pictures. I've solved this before somehow, but it's been long enough that I can't remember how. After I browse to select the pics, I can never get the "Upload File" button to become active, so I can't actually upload the picture. Any advice? I know some people host pics separately on Flickr or whatever, but I'd rather not do that if at all possible.

Thanks!

After you choose the file is the file's name and extension next to Choose File and above Upload?

Last edited:
After you choose the file is the file's name and extension next to Choose File and above Upload?

Yep, it shows there. When I hover the mouse over the upload button, it never changes from an arrow to a finger and clicking has no effect.

Can you check out this thread where someone else was having issues and how they were worked out.

It's in the Support Forum. Best place to get help.

The thread about images.

Just kidding.

I have the same problem.
Go Advanced
Manage Attachments
Add files

That lets me upload. I remember this slowly breaking a couple years ago. First the basic photo loader didn't work. Then the Manage Attachments trick didn't work. Then everyone started abandoning ship and heading to Rocketry Center.

Then it got fixed and the basic photo loader worked again.

Thanks Angie, I was going to suggest my answer in that thread as well. :)

At work, they way they have our browsers set, I can only do the following. Go to Advanced, Manage Attachments, Add Files, Basic Uploader, then do one file at a time.

At home, I can use the image icon and upload as many files as I want without going to Advanced. Both machines have Windows 10. Very strange, but some setting at work is blocking the upload widget.

I think that the "Insert Image" button depends on the presence of the Flash browser plugin. Flash is considered to be a portal to he[[ or Russian hackers in some circles.

Well, that all worked. Thanks all for showing me the [cough] highly intuitive [cough] answer! :)

Back