Quest/Aerotech Composite LPR Motors

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scott_650

Reaction score
I bet the Q c8 will just be a 3/4 A d10 blue / 99% C but at around the weight of an a8-3, ~25% lighter or so than an E c6.

That is a very compelling upgrade for almost any kit without the balsa-tearing fury of the d21.

I hope to see it in a -10 delay but will probably just get the -8. Also makes me worry they'll kill the 18/20 RMS, but that's always been low volume.

I bet the Q c8 will just be a 3/4 A d10 blue / 99% C but at around the weight of an a8-3, ~25% lighter or so than an E c6.

That is a very compelling upgrade for almost any kit without the balsa-tearing fury of the d21.

I hope to see it in a -10 delay but will probably just get the -8. Also makes me worry they'll kill the 18/20 RMS, but that's always been low volume.

All the Quest motors are supposed to be fast black jack.

Interesting, that would (ballpark) put the c8 at around a full ounce and maybe have some limitations on max delay. Or maybe not, fun to speculate.

A little more info - in the B4 listing is a copy of an instruction sheet with curves for the A, B, C and baby D motors.

6880EF9B-4018-4380-80EB-E18FC8921DDC.jpg

A little more info - in the B4 listing is a copy of an instruction sheet with curves for the A, B, C and baby D motors.
After looking at the drawing, I wonder if delay adjustment might be possible like in AT's DMS motors. Of course that would make it an EX then...

Fred,

It’s on the Quest site as well. 25 Bs for $99.95. So - $4/motor instead of $4.50 in the two-packs. It will be interesting to see if these find their way to the likes of Hobbylinc and so become a little less expensive. But first they have to find their way into the distribution pipeline at all.....

I am also wondering if, since they are TRA certified, they will ever be NAR contest certified. The B4, if it is really a full 5.0 N-s, will be very interesting in B altitude and duration events. The now unavailable Chinese Quest BP motors have a bit of total impulse advantage over Estes B6s in that regard today.

Am at NARCON (well, in my room at the convention hotel at the moment). I will try to get some of these questions answered at the vendors’ forum tonight.

I don't really care about the A and B motors but the I am very interested in the C motors. Quest has a few rockets that fly on C engines (Penetrator, Triton-X, Q4C) that would really benefit from more zip than an Estes C6. In particular, Penetrator could really use a D motor...

Back