[Rocket] Family photos

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dr wogz

Fly caster
Reaction score
You have a rocket family? a series of up or down scales of one particular bird? You and some club mates can maybe put a family together?

I know some of you do.. A series of Goblins,a series of Der Red Maxes..

Fat boys, Bullpups, AMRAAMs, Patriots.. I'm sure there are a few families out there!

My family: a series of Blue Bird Zeros in the popular tube sizes. and yes, I do have a 2.6" 38mm planned..

bbz fleet 2.JPG

Here is my Alpha III family. A Super Alpha III, a 4" Alpha III upscale, and a two stage BT-60 Alpha III goony.

alphas2.jpg

alphas1.jpg

alpha_iii_xxl.jpg

P1050309.JPG

IMGP5419.JPG

My Little Families....

The Three of V's (BT50, BT55, and BT60), they have been painted since this picture was taken, eventually I will finish the Estes BT80 version of which these are downscales.

The Crayon Quadruplets (2 boys, 2 girls all 3" BMS T300 airframe), and their redneck first cousins....Fantazia Crayon Bank Conversions

The Cherokee Family BT50, BT55 and Big C (Loc 5.38 airframe) haven't gotten around to turning scale nosecones for the BT5,BT20, BT60, BT70, BT80 and T300 versions but they are coming. All are clones, the smaller are decals printed on decal paper, the larger is vinyl by Stickershock

A three of Vs2.jpgT300 Crayons 29mmt.jpgrockets for 2.jpgCherokeeDandC.jpgFITS May 28 2016-54cropped.jpg

Qquake, I like your Alphas. I love the 2-stager Goonie! (I have a few goonies myself!) No matter the size, it's still a classic!

I'm tempted to turn an old tube into one!

My box fin design from back in the late 60's called Fiddle Faddle started out as a small BT 20 model. Lost that on a C6-5 of course. Then in the 70's, I started a series. Over the years It became quite the family. The Mini Faddle is a kind of replica of the very first one but they all start from MMX models to 24mm. There is one design that never made the cut I call Trans Faddle but it's a bit of a black sheep. The Gooney Faddle is probably my favorite to fly, and at some point, I'll have a 4" version designed for upper end MPR motors.

Fiddle Faddle Family.jpg

Qquake, I like your Alphas. I love the 2-stager Goonie! (I have a few goonies myself!) No matter the size, it's still a classic!

I'm tempted to turn an old tube into one!

The goony version was a lot of fun. I named it "Super Alpha III Stretch Goony 3 Fin 4 Fin 2 Stage", and the LCO got it right!

[YOUTUBE]ae4lJ6ZuSbk[/YOUTUBE]

IMGP2685.JPG

IMGP2687.JPG

IMGP2693.JPG

IMGP2696.JPG

IMGP2698.JPG

IMGP2713.JPG

P1090270.JPG

My box fin design from back in the late 60's called Fiddle Faddle started out as a small BT 20 model. Lost that on a C6-5 of course. Then in the 70's, I started a series. Over the years It became quite the family. The Mini Faddle is a kind of replica of the very first one but they all start from MMX models to 24mm. There is one design that never made the cut I call Trans Faddle but it's a bit of a black sheep. The Gooney Faddle is probably my favorite to fly, and at some point, I'll have a 4" version designed for upper end MPR motors.

Now those are cool!

Somewhere I have a picture of me holding my Formula 75 and standing over my Formula 200. That was taken the day the 200 blew up. Have to find it and get it uploaded.

My son's first rocket was the Estes Big Bertha (Beta Series), and it became his favorite.

From left to right: 13mm MD, stock Estes 18mm, 24mm, 2x18mm staged, 3x18 clustered, 2.6" airframe 29mm.
BigBerthaFamily.jpg

Jeepers, now that is a family. I may build one of those one day, looks fun.

I recommend the Gooney Faddle as a starter. Those long strakes are a bish to get straight. Gooney bolts pretty good on those 18mm D motors. Better build for mid power on the inside though. Burns everything up. All of these were designed for LPR though.

DSCF1708.JPG

Now those are cool!

Kathy (Miller) Kippen built a HPR job years back. I have a video I'll post as soon as my work load slows down

Last edited:
Yep. You have to at least over 40 to remember old Gomer Pyle. And that is what we old dudes look like when we see that extra stage lighting off underneath the Big Bertha.

I didn't mean Gomer Pyle; I meant what it was referencing: the booster enclosed by the second stage so that it looks like a single stage.

Here is my R2D2 family. The 1/2 scale flies on Js. I posted about it before. The 1/3 scale was made from a toy I got at Walmart when Ep7 was released. It flies on Is. The 1/5 scale is the Estes model. The bigger ones are based upon it in regards to CG and fin area.

20171103_091909.jpg

Nice Family Pictures everyone!

On the left is the Thunder Family, Thunder Bee, Thunder Chief, and Thunder Strike, all Semroc kits.

On the right is the Bertha Family, Mini Bertha (clone), Polar-1 (Baby Bertha), Baby Bertha, Big Bertha, Boat-tailed Bertha, and Super Big Bertha.

Bertha Family 1.jpg

Thunder.jpg

Here's my family of recently built Centurion models including an actual Centuri Centurion kit.

Centurions (L-R) Semroc Centurion F, Semroc Centurion, Centuri Centurion & Semroc Mini Centurion.jpg

Back