LOC 5.5 Patriot question

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rockets

Reaction score
Some of my brothers & I were looking at teaming up and buy a 5.5 LOC Patriot.
My question is, how high does it go?
Has anyone flown it on a L motor?

Thanks,

Try Thrustcurve's motor guide. It's easy!

According to AMW, weight is 7 lbs. Assuming that's the unbuilt weight of the kit and maybe your final build weight is 10 lbs. Obviously your final weight will be different depending on build, if you're doing DD, need nose weight, etc. But to get you in the ballpark:
10 lbs at 5.5" diameter will get up to about a mile+ on a 54mm CTI L.

If you don't mind my asking, how many brothers do you have? How many of them are into rocketry?

Try Thrustcurve's motor guide. It's easy!

According to AMW, weight is 7 lbs. Assuming that's the unbuilt weight of the kit and maybe your final build weight is 10 lbs. Obviously your final weight will be different depending on build, if you're doing DD, need nose weight, etc. But to get you in the ballpark:
10 lbs at 5.5" diameter will get up to about a mile+ on a 54mm CTI L.

If you don't mind my asking, how many brothers do you have? How many of them are into rocketry?

I have 9 brothers, only 4 of them are interested in it. 2 of them are really into it, not including me, the other 2 like it, but they aren't as active with the hobby.

Thanks,

I have 9 brothers, only 4 of them are interested in it. 2 of them are really into it, not including me, the other 2 like it, but they aren't as active with the hobby.

Thanks,

Andrew, you know that you can count on TMO for any help (except Financial!!) and I may even have an L Motor I would consider donating to the cause.

Andrew, you know that you can count on TMO for any help (except Financial!!) and I may even have an L Motor I would consider donating to the cause.

Gary, yes I can always count on you guys for help when I need it! :)
I think we may hold off on this rocket for now, however, when Patrick renews his membership, we have his Eagle Claw 4 & a Darkstar 4 to fly, so if you're willing to sell the motor to us, let me know as we could always use it, ;)

Thanks,

Gary, yes I can always count on you guys for help when I need it! :)
I think we may hold off on this rocket for now, however, when Patrick renews his membership, we have his Eagle Claw 4 & a Darkstar 4 to fly, so if you're willing to sell the motor to us, let me know as we could always use it, ;)

Thanks,

PM sent......

Wow. Nine brothers. My older brothers (10 years and 7 years older) were both really into rockets. When they moved out I inherited their fleet. It hung from the ceiling in my room. Summers I would take them down and launch them. Good times.

I bet if you did a group project with your brothers you'll have a great time and create memories that will last the rest of your life.

Wow. Nine brothers. My older brothers (10 years and 7 years older) were both really into rockets. When they moved out I inherited their fleet. It hung from the ceiling in my room. Summers I would take them down and launch them. Good times.

I bet if you did a group project with your brothers you'll have a great time and create memories that will last the rest of your life.

We actually did a group project back in 2014.
We all pitched in and bought a 4" Darkstar with head end deploy at a Wildman sale. We bought the brand new AT L1000W, and did it at the last launch ever at Indiana Rocketry's big field on 12/14/2014.
Great flight to 8780' and almost breaking mach one.
Video is here:
https://youtu.be/7fbeVxf_gt8?t=7m30s
pic12.pngpic13.png

Thanks,

We've flown it on an EX L-800ish 3 grain. I'd be lying if I said I remember the altitude...

Back